Saturday, February 19, 2011

Challenge Addict

OK so I've went a little overboard on challenges today.  But it was a pretty day and the house was clean, plus I didn't have to work.  So I had some extra time on my hands. 

First up is my card for The Play Date Cafe Challenge 69:


This week the PDCC has teamed up with Case Study Challenge.  So I cased the above card.  I also made this card for the following challenges:

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday's - Vellum Sentiment
Moxie Fab World - Paper Piecing
Moxie Fab World - Stamp with Shimmer
Carabilities Sketch 25


Sometimes it is so fun to go out of your comfort zone and create something.  I think shimmer sprays are messy and I try my best to avoid messes, but Moxie Fab World has a shimmer challenge this week that I wanted to enter.  So I used Papertrey Ink's "Year of Flowers - Violets" as my base.  I stamped them onto white cardstock then used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Shimmers Spritz to color.  I used a q-tip and stuck it directly into the shimmer bottle to soak up.  Then I dabbed off the excess and started coloring my image.  It's kinda like using water colors, you can make areas darker or lighter by adding more mist.  Then I cut my stamped image out and the great thing is since glimmer mists are water, the leaves and flowers slightly curled around the edges, adding a very pretty touch. 


I then added a vellum sentiment as the finishing touch.  Enjoy!!!

13 comments:

Ruby said...

Beautiful card! I love the centres of your flowers, they are so so pretty and the embossed label looks great! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card, gorgeous flowers and the centres are stunning. Beautifully put together. Tracy Evans x

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful! Love those vibrant flowers and fabulous design of your card! Thanks for playing along with us at both the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study challenges!

Annette said...

Wow!! Your cards are gorgeous Amber! I love the shapes, the flowers, I love everything! Congrats on the new Design Team too! Whew hew!! I'm so happy for you, can't wait to see all your creations!

Cristina said...

This is beautiful! Love the vellum strip and the polka dot embossing. So glad you joined the fun at CASE Study!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Amber, this is so crisp and clean...I love it! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. :)

- - Sheryl - - said...

what beautiful cards!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

all your cards are awesome, but your first one is totally amazing!!! you did a fantastic job with the paper line!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

The way you've colored your flower is amazing. It looks great on that textured background. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

This is a really pretty card, Amer! I love everything... the layout, embossing & the flower!! Thank you for joining us for our special challenge this week!

Bonnie B said...

Another amazing card. I do love those flowers.

Cath said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Cath said...

Hey Amber! Thanks also for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio