Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday is a Challenge

Hi all!  It's challenge day on the blog : )  The latest Fashionesta Friday challenge at If The Shoe Fits...Scrap It is a fun one!  Create a project and use the birthstone color for the month of March - Aquamarine:


Beautiful color!  The definition is a color, a shade between green and blue and clear. 

I was also inspired by this week's Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World - Buttons. Here's the inspiration for this week:





Now for my card.  I created this card using goodies from March's Sampler Kit by Scrapbooking Supplies R Us.



Button cards are a a must have at the moment in the crafting world.  This button card is by My Mind's Eye.  The buttons were so pretty, I used them on another project and added these Papertrey Ink buttons that match my colors. 

Visit "The Shoe" to see the Design Teams beautiful aqua creations. 

I also have a card for this week's Case Study Challenge 31


My papers and ribbon are from the March Sampler Kit.  My stamped sentiment is Papertrey Ink and jewels are Creative Charms.  I think the Portrait Gallery paper from Hambley is my favorite yet!  Love the cameo! 

And look what I got this week in the mail:


Woot woot!  That's my LO in this month's Creating Keepsakes Magazine (page 37 if you have a copy!).  Oh my goodness, I've adored this magazine for YEARS and never dreamed I'd actually have a LO in it.  It's bittersweet because Cornbread the duck is no longer with us, but at least he had his 15 minutes of fame! 

And if you'd like to win some goodies, visit Creative Charms this weekend!

15 comments:

onecraftymama said...

*squeal* I love that wee clothespin on the first card, how perfectly adorable!!!And that cameo paper is gorgeous... And my goodness, congratulations on being published! That is incredibly awesome, and you must be over the moon!

Tammie said...

WooHoo....congrats on being published! That's quite an accomplishment and I must admit, cornbread looks good in print ;) Love the cards, especially the cameo!

lesleyworth said...

lovely cards! CONGRATS on the publishing! fantastic LO!

Beate said...

Wonderful take on the challenge. Congratulations on being published!
Hugs and smiles

Michelle McClure said...

Congratulations on getting in the magazine! Yeah!

sandee said...

woot woot! awesome getting your LO in CK! I'm sorry it's bittersweet,considering Cornbread is no longer with you, but it's nice knowing that soooooooo many people will get to enjoy him now!

Dawn said...

Well done on the publishing & a great aquamarine card hon

dj said...

congrats on getting published...love all your creations

Seems like you like playing along with challenges....would love for you to join in on my new challenge for 2011...
http://www.cardspaperandscrapbooks.com/cards/februarys-last-but-not-least-challenge-come-play-along/

kashagray5 said...

Congratulations on the publication! Love your aquamarine card!
Have a great day!
Mandy

Jean Martin said...

This is stunning Amber! I love all the little details you put here and there. Congrats also on the publication! So glad you could play with us over at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Cath said...

Hey Amber! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh Amber, I adore your CASE Study card! The colours are dreamy!! Congrats on your pub, I recognize that project - CUTE!!

Melisa Hunter said...

Congratulations on being a Top 3 at CASE study. Love your card! What a beautiful flower!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Congrats on the Top 3 pick at CASE study this week Amber! I love your card--especially that flower!

Linda L said...

Hi there Amber....great to see your name over at CASE study just now.....then I come and visit and realise it's YOU.....hee hee....from Cardabilities too. Well done!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio