Monday, June 6, 2011

Here a Challenge...There a Challenge...

Wow, June already???  I LOVE this time of the year.  We're already eating salad peas and potatoes out of the garden, yummo.  That is we're eating everything the deer have left us!  Oh how those deer love our cucumbers and beans.  You'd think they'd plant they're own garden.  But they'd rather us humans do all the work and then they sneak in for dinner.  We have plenty of deer where I live and they seem perfectly comfortable being near people.  I think they see us with the goats, horses and donkeys and figure we aren't a threat to them.  The way I see it though is it's every man for himself.  If the deer are smart enough to find the garden then who am I to stop them : )   

Now to share some creations.  I love finding enough time in the day to make cards for challenges.  I have 2 cards to share with you tonite.  The first I made for the CR84FN Color Challenge:



And CardPatterns Sketch 118:


Here's my card:


Oh how I love the Cream Crochet Flowers from Petaloo.  All of these goodies can be found in the June Sampler Kit by Scrapbooking Supplies R Us.

Next up is a card I made for Case Study Challenge 42 and this week's Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab World - Classically Modern:


And here is my card:


The cameo is truly a classic style.  I used Hambley Screen Prints Portrait Gallery transparency over Mr. & Mrs. “Wedding Floral” Patterned Paper from Pebbles.  The classic cameo over modern patterned paper.  All of my supplies for this card are also in June's Sampler Kit from SSRU

Tonite I will leave you with a picture of one of my precious Silkie chickens.  I first mentioned my Silkies in this post.  The little guys are now 2 months old and take a look:


Oh so cute!!!  I have 4 Silkies and they are such sweet chickens.  Bet you didn't know chickens could be sweet?!

11 comments:

onecraftymama said...

Oh, how my son would LOVE to have chickens! He's a definite believer that they're sweet :)
I love your attitude towards the deer - really, no point in cursing at them for doing what comes naturally, right? Hopefully they keep leaving you at least something for your hard work!
And now how I got here: your Trigger card - very pretty! Love that transparency.

onecraftymama said...

Oh, how my son would LOVE to have chickens! He's a definite believer that they're sweet :)
I love your attitude towards the deer - really, no point in cursing at them for doing what comes naturally, right? Hopefully they keep leaving you at least something for your hard work!
And now how I got here: your Trigger card - very pretty! Love that transparency.

onecraftymama said...

Oh, how my son would LOVE to have chickens! He's a definite believer that they're sweet :)
I love your attitude towards the deer - really, no point in cursing at them for doing what comes naturally, right? Hopefully they keep leaving you at least something for your hard work!
And now how I got here: your Trigger card - very pretty! Love that transparency.

onecraftymama said...

Urgh. Must love Blogger hiccups. Sorry about the multiple repeat posts :(

Cath said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

~amy~ said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for sharing the pic of your chicken too...FUN!!!!

Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Jill said...

Both cards are beautiful and I love your chicken- so cute! HUGS!

Andrea M said...

Beautiful cards Amber!! So many fabulous details! LOVE the pic of the silky - love silkies!!! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Your cards are so wonderfully colorful! Love the beautiful accents! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie! (and the chicken takes the center stage :))

Debgem said...

This is really bright and vibrant!! Love the crocheted flowers! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio