Sunday, June 19, 2011

Rainy Days

Today has been stormy so I actually had time to finish a few projects.  First up is a challenge from Front Porch Kits to use a garden glove (available in their Fresh From The Garden Kit) on a project.  I had some ideas for the garden glove swimming around my head for a few weeks now and when I saw this challenge I knew I had to play along.  I also used this week's Sketchy Thursday Layout:


And I mixed in this week's Punky Scraps Challenge:

5 PHOTOS
4 ALPHAS
3 PATTERNED PAPERS
2 COLOURS OF MIST/PAINT
1 STAMP

The twist to this challenge is you must incoporate the colour BLUE somewhere in your project.  Here is my LO:


These pictures are a few of my favorite shots from Spring 2011.  For the glove, I cut it up and made flowers and leaves, plus painted the tops pink:


This LO was made with goodies from the Fresh From The Garden Front Porch Kit.  I also used a doily and Papertrey Ink Stamps. 

Up next is a card I made for this week's Case Study:


I layered 2 patterned papers onto Papertrey Ink Cardstock.  I used a vintage library card as my background.  I used PTI Twine.  My sentiment and flower are from Amy Mattes Designs.

And lastly a card made using this week's Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger as inspiration:


And CardPatterns Sketch 120:


Here's my card:


This little card was so fun to make.  My sentiment is Papertrey Ink.  My spools of thread are Cosmo Cricket and the cute little button is Crate Paper.

I've been off on vacation all week, just got back from a trip to the beach.  Check out my Facebook page to see pictures!  We went to Ocean Isle Beach and had a fabulous time. 

Enjoy!

22 comments:

Rosie said...

Your flowers are gorgeous Amber!!! I came here from the Sketchy Thursdays site and I love your photo placement and how you used the sketch!!

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

Such a cool LO! Love this elegant LO for farm animals ~ great contrast! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

CarrieB said...

You've been a busy girl! Great job on everything!

Anja (scrappie) said...

You have been very busy, love your take on this weeks sketch over at cardpatterns. Thank you for joining us.

Cath said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Nadine said...

Great card Amber! love the colours you used!

misty said...

Those flowers are amazing and I love your design! Fantastic layout!

Lenet said...

Beautiful card! love your flower! Thanks for casing with us!

Elin said...

Great work on the Punky challenge, Lovely LO! Thanks for playing with us at Punky Scraps:)

Annette said...

Great layout Amber! The flowers are awesome that you made with the gloves, you are so creative! Aorable cards too! Loved the photos of your Beach trip! I couldn't believe the photo of the bridge to the island, when we went 20 years ago it was a one lane little bridge!

Bonnie B said...

Great job Amber. These beauties make me want to create!!!!

Jill said...

These are ALL great creations! WOW!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh how fun! I especially like the card!

lisa said...

Beautiful work.
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays x

~amy~ said...

Great projects! Love how the CP sketch inspired you! Thanks for playing with us!

Cheryl said...

great work on fitting the Punky challenge in! Thanks for playing along! x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love love love the photos, the title... just soooo fun!! And loving the cards too! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Audrey Yeager said...

Oh my gosh....how creative to use that garden glove!!!!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

CraftySprinkles said...

Awesome layout!! Fantastic details!! Thanks for playing with us at Punky Scraps!!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous flowers!! :) Love your creations!! Thanks for playing along with Punky Scraps!! xox

Kat said...

love your projects! that first layout is super fab!! thanks for playing along with us at punky scraps!

Tam said...

Love your flowers! How clever!!
Thanks for playing along with Punky Scraps :) Xo

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio