Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Autumn

Hi all!  Autumn may be my least favorite time of the year, but it sure inspires me to create.  Got a few cards to share tonite.  I have a giant mess in my living room, looks like a craft store exploded!  I love sitting in the living room crafting during the Fall (despite having a craft room).  Hubby hasn't mentioned the mess "yet" so I'm going to stay there a little while longer since it's got my mojo to flowing.  Question...how does one move from a "craft room" to a "craft studio"???  I love when people say they're going to their studio, but I have a sneeky suspicion that it's really a room....So I've decided to start calling mine a STUDIO also : )  Sounds more inspiring! 

OK for my cards tonite I went all Papertrey Ink.  I was behind on PTI stamps, some times I get really addicted to buying these bundles of goodness and sometimes I hold back...But I was in need of some new stuff and ordered a few things that have changed my life, like the "Doily Detail Collection" - PTI exclusive dies.  I also used the stamp set "Love Lives Here" and adore it! 

First up is a card inspired by Card Patterns Sketch 134:


And here is my card:


My patterned paper is Authentique.  I used seam binding from my September Sampler Kit and used Stickles for shine.

Next up a little card inspired by The Play Date Cafe Challenge 100:


And here is the fabulous sketch from A Sketch For You To Try:


And I managed to blend in this week's Case Study 58 and Scrapbook Sisters Challenge 53 (Autumn Colors).  And here is my card:


My patterned paper is My Little Shoe Box and orange ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I just love the PTI doily dies, so simple to take plain cardstock and make beautiful shapes. 

Now a change of subject, Pinterest has totally got me into the gift giving spirit.  I'm thinking about Christimas presents that I can start working on now.  It seems so simple to go buy something, but is my heart always in it?  No.  So I've decided to do a little DIY this holiday season.  First up a wreath I want to make for our Secret Santa party at work:


And some DIY dry erase boards:


The dry erase boards should be easy because goodness knows I have plenty of patterned paper!  Enjoy!!!

10 comments:

sandee said...

LOL, I am going to start calling mine "my studio" also...it does sounds so plush doesn't it? You gave me a smile this morning...now why is Fall your least favorite season?

Annette said...

I'm always in need of new stuff - LOL! Love your cards, especially the fall one! I've yet to get the PT doily dies but they are so tempting! Love the idea of making handmade for Christmas, can't wait to see what you create! Hugs, Annette

Christine said...

Love all of these projects - but especially that pink card! Would you consider entering it in Practical Scrappers card making contest? All the details can be found here: http://www.practicalscrappers.com/2011/09/our-biggest-contest-ever-come-join-in.html

Colleen Dietrich said...

You managed to combine those challenges really well, using our color story this week. It's a sweet little card, with that cute house on there. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date CAfe this week!

Julie Day said...

Beautiful projects! Love all the elements you used on your PDCC card, that little house is adorable :) Thanks for playing this week at the Play Date Cafe!

{PaperCrafterAnonymous} said...

beautiful projects

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What an inspirational post! I love them all, Amber!

Andrea Ewen said...

Simply gorgeous, Amber...I love the bold colors and the fabulous accents...especially that doily! Fab! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Beautiful cards. I love how your round doily matches the paper on your PDCC card. Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

Bonnie B said...

I need to find some time to spend in my "Studio". hehehe...makes me want to go make a card. Everytime you post Amber I am blown away by not only your creations but your creative writing. You have grown into a wonderful blogger.

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio