Saturday, October 29, 2011

Color My World

Hi crafty friends!  Have a card to share with you tonite using lots of "primary colors", something I usually avoid!  I made this card for the Practical Scrappers Card Making Contest - where I'm in the TOP 5, woohoo!  I need your help peeps, follow this link to vote for me in their poll!  Take a look:


This week's challenge was to use dry embossing and rainbows...whether it be rainbow colors or the actual thing.  So I decided to make a really complicated rainbow doily.  Here's my tutorial on the how's...if it's confusing just email me any questions you may have..

First off I cut out small strips of Papertrey Ink cardstock (all the same size).  I then glued it (I used a glue stick that would only slightly adhere it so it could be removed) to a thin piece of plastic.  I ran it thru my Cuttlebug and used one of my PTI doily dies to cut out the shape.  Here's the trick, it punches out the doily perfectly but leaves the plastic intact...so it's kinda lik peeling a sticker off something.  I then removed my doily pieces and adhered it to another piece of cardstock, making sure everything aligned pefectly and cut out my doily with a Spellbinder Nestability. 


The easiest way I have found to make a technicolored doily!  I love the rainbow behind the October Afternoon clouds...and I still stuck some pink on my card!  Can't make a card without a little pink. 

I'm enterng my little rainbow card in the following challenges:


And Papercraft Star Challenge 68:


And I'd like to send a few shout outs to The Ribbon Carousel and Case Study for including me in their winners circle!!!

                                                                          CSC62




Such fun challenges that I adore playing along with!!!  Stop in Monday for my latest giveaway!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card Amber! Good luck in the next round!

Especially_For_You said...

Gorgeous card! I voted for you :)


Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

ferrellgraph-x said...

Your twist on the sketch is fantastic! I love that orange patterned paper! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Amy said...

Amber, this is one gorgeous card! I love the doily in rainbow colors....Congrats on the next round! Thanks for sharing this with Wee Memories this week!

Tracy said...

This is really cute Amber! I love your multi-colored doily. Thanks for the tip on how you did it. The colors are fun and bright and make a really great card. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Kim Duran said...

Wow! This card is amazing! I love the bright rainbow colors, the embossed doily, the clouds, and the layers of jute ribbon. I love, love, love this card! Thanks for playing along this week at Papercraft Star!

Beckie said...

Great stuff. I voted for you girl.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio