Monday, January 16, 2012

Snowy Sundays

Hi all!  Hope you've all had a terrific weekend.  It's been snowy here, had a few inches the past several days.  We had my friend's baby shower on Saturday and it was "duck themed".  Turned out great.  Will post pictures of the duck punch, centerpieces, and other decoration later.  Made a few cards today...I have lots of Design Team projects in the works so it's always fun to fit in crafts just because I love the hobby.

First up is a card I made for Case Study:


This little card features Pop Tones and Papertrey Ink Cardstock.  Ribbon is PTI.  My pp is My Mind's Eye.  Butterflies aer Jenni Bowlin and sentiment is a Melissa Frances rub-on.  I really love playing along with Case Study, it's so challenging to take someone's card and make the design your own. 

Up next, this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe:


Here's my card:


These colors are really beautiful together and not colors I use often.  My cardstock and stamp is PTI.  My patterned paper is PTI and My Mind's Eye.  I finished my card off with Stickles, of course.  I wasn't sure where to add my sentiment and I've found "when it doubt, add a tag"...you can stick a tag sentiment anywhere and it looks good. 

And my last card is for this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge - add a scallop.  This is by far the hardest challenge I play along with because my style is not clean and simple....I say "the more the merrier" and could layer and embellish till the cows come home.  That's what makes this challenge fun for me, I've gotta get out of my comfort zone:



And my card:


Is there anything better than chicken stamps???  Not for this farm girl.  My stamps are Taylored Expressions.  Cardstock is Pop Tones.  Patterned Paper is MME.  I colored my images with Copics and added Stickles and Liquid Pearl.  I also used my Fiskars scallop punch.

I want to remind everyone that Practical Scrappers is having a Layout Contest.  We'd love for you to stop by and vote for your favorites! 

11 comments:

Maureen said...

what a gorgeous line up of butterflies!! I love how you found the inspiration in Jen's card :) that's the beauty of CASE Study!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week :)

Christyne Kane said...

These are all such lovely cards! I especially love the CASE study card and those lovely pattern butterflies!!

Nancy Keslin aka Homesclscrapper said...

lovely cards. great colors, fun designs.

Bonnie Blackburn said...

You stay so busy I don't see how you keep the creative juices flowing. Love all the cards especially the chickens because I know you are a farmer. I bet your scrappin' buddies have no idea that your favorite place to shop is Tractor Supply and she dons her black cape and becomes an RN by night!!!!!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful trio of cards! LOVE those little, glittery polka dots on our take! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Teneale Williams said...

You have been busy, they are all fabulous, you have a great eye of colour and design.

cbuswell said...

Stunning, love that shade of blue! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Ruby said...

All lovely cards, especially your one for our challenge, it's FAB! I love it! Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Michele Gross said...

Lovely job with the colors! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe! And your scallop card is darling-love the chickens :) Thanks for getting your CAS on with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Annette said...

Love all the cards Amber! The butterfly card is gorgeous and your chicken card sentiment made me laugh, it is so cute!!

sylvie said...

Your blog is so so so beautiful !!!!!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio