Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunny Saturday

Ya know, some days are good and some days are bad...today just happened to be excellent!  I've made it to the second round of the Practical Scrappers Card Contest, woot woot!  I could REALLY use your vote, all you have to do is leave a comment at Practical Scrappers!  This week we were asked to make an Autumn themed card and use twine.  So this theme fits into several challenges this week. 

First up The Shabby Tea Room # 82 - A Shabby Autumn:


And the Ribbon Reel Challenge 12 - Autumn Elegance:


Plus this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge:


And here is my card:


I'm in love with this little card, hehe!  My patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket and Authentique.  My cardstock is Papertrey Ink.  I layered 2 sheets of cardstock then added PP and inked all the edges with Martha Stewart ink.  I used a doily, clothes pin, leaf, and ribbon from Etsy.  My twine is PTI and leaf pin is Maya Road.  I cut my patterned paper doily out with a PTI die and added a Melissa Frances rub on sentiment.  Then I inked all edges with Tim Holtz Distress Stain.


Now I have an Autumn picture of my own to share.  Hubby and Nephew decided to go hunting this morning, before dawn...and wanted me to come along.  I am NOT a morning person, but for the chance to get some pretty Fall pictures I agreed to go.


I was so happy to see sunshine, the mornings are so cool and crisp.  I even wore a camo shirt and hat.  Not a bit stylish! 

Now for some farm news.  I took Brisco's stitches out today (remember he was neutered 10 days ago).  We always assumed Boots, our female Great Pyrenees was infertile because she's been around other male dogs and never had puppies, so we've never had her fixed. 

Boots

Well we're afraid Mr. Brisco might have left us with the ultimate gift before he was snipped!  We're afraid Boots is gonna be a Momma, at 8 years old.  Goodness help us, she will probably have 20 pups....they're BIG dogs.  Anyone want a GP puppy for Christmas???

I also have a my giveaway winner - Debra from Easily Distracted Debra.  Congrats!!!  I sent you an e-mail.  Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

Jules said...

Good luck with the puppies! Such a shame I'm in the UK, would love another puppy :D

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, I'm not surprised you love it! The patterned doily is such a wonderful focal point, and the ribbon and pin are the perfect embellishments. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the puppies! Love your card ...the ribbon and the stamped doily gorgeous!Thank you for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Tammie said...

LOL...way to go Briscoe! He gets the last laugh! Love the card and voted yesterday! love it and hope you win!

Angela Thomas said...

WOW! This is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at the RCC.

purple_pea_fran said...

This is gorgeous love the maple leaf ans seam binding and twine bow. Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel
PS. Congrats on your win in the The Shabby Tearoom this week.

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio