Sunday, September 14, 2008

Card Making and Blogging




OK, I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a great blogger. But I do love the idea of having one. My interest lately has been card making. I've never been a card maker, strictly a scrapper. Starting to make cards is like learning another craft! As much as I've scrapbooked I figured it would be much easier! Some of my new favorite websites and blogs are Papertrey Inc, all kinds of great inspiration there. I also love Melissa Phillips website with great card ideas. So I decided to enter one of her challenges and make a card with a bird on it....much more difficult than I expected - afraid I overthink things. My card is a "Thank You" card with a cloth bird, My Mind's Eye paper, Martha Stewart ink, Heidi Swapp rub ons, and Fancy Pants Designs stamps. I whipped up some home made Brown Sugar Brownies this evening. They would be a great Thank You gift to go along with this cute card. The recipe is from Gooseberry Patch. I thought they would be a nice fall treat for my hubby. Enjoy the little card, maybe I'll win! Cross your fingers.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you decided to create a card for my challenge because this is just darling! LOVE the birdie--all from your own hands. This is so cute and sweet in every way.
Melissa

Annette said...

What an adorable card! I just love your little bird as I also love to sew with fabric on cards!
Love all the details, very cute!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio