Friday, December 26, 2008

2 Sketches & a Merry Christmas

Hi all! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. It seems like I've been celebrating the holidays for a week now with all the different places and family we visit this time of year. I've not had the time to do much scrapping lately, but that doesn't mean I've not been thinking about it! I feel like the New Year gives me a fresh start with crafting, put away all of my Christmas stamps, and try new and different things. I got a Cuttlebug for Christmas (thanks Mom) and do I ever love it! It's just amazing how that little machine does that! I recommend it to anyone who likes to make cards, it's so easy to emboss!
OK, so I just had to fit a 2 Sketches card in this week. Here's the sketch:

And here's my take on the layout:

First, I used my Cuttlebug to emboss some pretty My Mind's Eye paper. I then inked some of the embossing with white Martha Stewart ink to give it some depth. I used Prima Flowers, Michaels ribbon, Fiskars scallop punch, and Thickers for the title. I used glue dots to put everything in place and then curled the edges of my paper to make it look vintage. Very fun and easy.


In other news, my little kitten is all better and moved back to the barn. When did I realize she couldn't be a house cat....well when Jake and Gracie ran her up my Christmas tree is one example! She was as happy as pie to be back at the barn and the chickens were tickled also.
Hope you enjoy my card. Merry Christmas!!!!

16 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Amber! Sounds like you've had a wonderful holiday! How cool to get a Cuttlebug. Know we're going to be seeing lots of great creations using it, like your love card. SO cute, and a great take on that sketch. Can't believe you managed to get it in this week!

Unknown said...

I see a Cuttlebug in my future!!! The card turned out great and working those edges did the trick. It's just taking the time to really study something then TaDa...you got it. I can't believe you even had time to turn on the PC.
The kitty will be happier at the barn..the chickens, well they might not like this one. Have to wait and see.

Tammie said...

Love the card, Amber! I need a cuttlebug, don't I? ;) I haven't had a moment to scrap anything yet...but the desire is there. I wondered if SQ would EVER leave the house....the dogs chasing her up the tree would have done it for me also.

Laura Davis said...

This card is very pretty, Thanks for playing! I am glad to hear your little kitten is doing better!
Laura

Bev said...

Fabulous card, love the girlie colours

hugs Bev x

Peet said...

This is besutiful!!! Great take on Kazan's sketch!

Ann said...

Very pretty! Love those sweet pink flowers! :D

Anonymous said...

You card is `beautiful` hope your enjoying your Christmas:)~X~

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love that background!

Mary said...

Merry Christmas! Great card - it is so nice to see pinks again - isn't it? I told you that you would fall in love with the cuttlebug. I love that the folders are not expensive therefore you can try so many. Hobby Lobby is a great place to get them as well as www.allthatscraps.com! You may want to go ahead and buy you a set of replacement boards in case yours ever break from over use - that way you will not be without!!

Eveline said...

Lovely card. Enjoy your Cuttlebug.
Eveline.

Anabelle O'Malley said...

So sweet, Amber. Have fun with the Cuttlebug!!!

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love all the pink. Great take on Kazan's sketch!

Katie said...

So pretty, Amber!! Enjoy your new toy ;)

Katie

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, enjoy your cuttlebug. I love mine.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card... lovely colors...Happy Holidays...HUGS..SK :)

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio