Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pretty In Pink

Anyone else a blog slacker this Summer?  There's just so much to do with my days and so little time!  Here in the country Summer's are the best.  Long days, plenty of sunshine, and watermelon.  We're already getting corn, green beans, cucumbers, and potatoes out of the garden, yummo.  There's nothing like fresh corn on the cob! 

I've got a LO to share tonite that I made using The Sampler kit for June:


I posted this flower picture a few months ago and thought it was scrap worthy.  It was one of the first signs of Spring I saw this year.  I used Adobe Photoshop and made the purple of the flower a little more vibrant.  There's so many different definitions of art - mine is crafting.  Someone else may be drawing.  I love that we can all decide what art means to use and create away. 

There's a new challenge up at If The Shoe Fits - it's a patriotic challenge.  Sign up now if you have a late 4th of July or Patriotic card you'd like to share.

Speaking of art, tonite I purchased a new goodie from Amazon:

I got a Pretty Pink Smashbook from K & Co. and goodies to go with it.  OK, why didn't I think of this book???  I've been keeping diaries and scrapping for years, I'm a pack rat of anything that could some day hold a memory or spark an idea.  I'm so excited to get my Smashbook and found a great Smashbook blog by K & Co

I've really found how important it is to keep my memories preserved since Papaw passed away.  I told you I had started a heritage album years ago.  Well I found all my notes and stories Papaw told me that I had already forgot...I was so happy!  And I have been doing a little ancestory research and found when my family originally traveled from Europe to the United States.  Just amazing! 

Got a beach picture to share with you tonite of me and my nephew Logan.  We had such a great time at Ocean Island, NC.  Highly recommend it to everyone who likes to laze on the beach without the crowds:


Logan's almost as tall as me, hehe!  These pretty little sunglasses were lost at see later that week!  I'm sure there's a shark wearing them as we speak. 

Things have been going good at the barns.  My little chicks have been keeping me busy.  We have many chickens that are new Momma's, but most of them only have a couple of chicks so the numbers are easier to deal with.  I showed a picture of my 5 baby ducks a few months ago, we only have 1 left.  We still have Frank and Fredda Quackers and Fredda is sitting on a nest of eggs again.  That duck really needs medication, she's nuts!  So Frank has befriended one of my baby ducks that is definitely a girl and we've named her Daphne.


She's going to look just like Fredda when she grows up, same type of duck.  Aren't the precious?  Daphne loves lounging around the barnyard, eating bread, and taking a dip in our water trough.  She's got the good life!

And last but not least.  You have to visit my friend Annette's Blog and check out the rattlesnake she found in her dog kennels, eek!  Plus you might want to look at her AMAZING cards also : )

Sorry this post skips around everywhere, but I didn't want to miss anything! 

Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

What a great LO! Love how you did your title! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Annette said...

Awesome layout, love how you made the flower more vibrant! I am definitely a blog slacker this summer, enjoying the great outdoors before it gets too cold and were stuck inside, but then that's a great time to craft! Cute photo of you and Logan and I always love seeing your animals! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Annette

Unknown said...

Glad you have the heritage thing going. When we read something that we've forgotten along the way it's like finding a treasure map!!! When I told you to go to my blog, I didn't send you there to read I just wanted you to look at my new design!!! "Silly Girl"...I love you bunches.

PS..I finally got a cordless mouse. I'm so happy to not be tangled in cords all the time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber, just checking in with you to see what you been up, according to your post it looks like you have been very busy!! Take care!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio