Tuesday, January 5, 2010

DCRU Color Challenge


Die Cuts R Us is kicking off the New Year with a super new challenge. It's a color challenge! See the pretty colors in the challenge banner overhead and the DCRU Logo to the right? Make a project using these colors and leave your link at the DCRU DT Blog with Mr. Linky!

I LOVED this challenge because I love light pinks, blues, greens, and purples. Here is my card I created:



I built this card according to the color guidelines around this beautiful Basic Grey Patterned Paper.



It is called Windermere and it is part of the Basic Grey Porceline Collection. You can purchase the entire Porceline collection with matching brads & buttons at Die Cuts R Us.

For this card I used Papertrey Ink & Core'dinations Cardstock. I layered on my Basic Grey Patterned Paper. I traced the little bird cage with a Sakura Glitter Pen. I used my Martha Stewart Butterfly and Scallop Punches. I stamped my sentiment using PTI ink and stamp. And I added a little bling.

Be sure to stop by the DCRU DT Blog and check out all the beautiful creations by the DT!

Enjoy!

7 comments:

Annette said...

Beautiful card Amber!! I love how you layered the butterflys and I LOVE the paper! Have a wonderful day! Hugs, Annette

Unknown said...

WOW....you said just wait until you see my card..so it was with much anticipation I ran to your blog. Beautiful card Amber. You put so much time in each creation, I guess that's way you are so good. Love those colors.

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful card, love those butterflies and that paper is gorgeous!

Claudia said...

Amber,
Your card is just so elegant and beautiful! The sentiment is perfect on a day like today (for me).

Claudia (DCRU)

Yvette said...

Amber, this is so very pretty! I love the bird cage and your butterflies. Love the sentiment to!

Unknown said...

So beautiful Amber! That paper is one of my faves!

Hope you are having a wonderful New Year!

(-: Heidi

Jessica Diedrich said...

GORGEOUS AMber! Love your take on the color combo!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio