Saturday, January 16, 2010

A True Friend Challenge #62

Time to ring in the New Year with a new challenge from A True Friend's Challenge Blog. Challenge #62 is "What magazine/book title reminds you of your pet?" and make a creation around this theme. Be sure to leave the link to your project in comments at ATF's.

Here is my LO:



I used the Title "The Lucky One", a book by Nicholas Sparks (I just love his books!). This title is perfect because of my relationship with my BFF Ms. Gracie Goble. She's my baby girl, a little fluffy cotton ball who follows every step I make and is my most loyal friend. We got her at our local animal shelter a few days after we returned from our honeymoon. She had been there for at least a month. Her fur was so matted when she arrived that they had to shave her and she only weighed 8 lbs at 10 months old. Now Gracie is 6 yrs old and weighs 21 lbs. She is a butter ball. The picture in this LO was the Spring after we got her. I'm not sure who "The Lucky One" is, me or her. I guess we're both lucky we found each other.

I used Bo Bunny Patterned Paper, Prima Flower, Colorbok Cardstock, and American Craft Thickers.

Visit A True Friend to see the DT's take on this challenge!

8 comments:

Tammie said...

Gorgeous LO! Love it and love you and Gracie girl to!

Unknown said...

Great LO...and I think I'm the lucky one for having the both of you in my life. BTW I'm Gracie's Mama (Granny)or whatever else pops into your head. Love the way you positioned everything. Turned out great!!! Love you BOTH!!!!

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Love this lo! Very pretty and great color combo. I can totally relate about which one is more lucky. I have a little shadow too that is a bit of a butterball herself. We are both spoiled. lol! :)

Anonymous said...

what a fun LO amber! i'm so happy you were lucky enough to find her :)
i love my pup sooooo much so i know exactly where you are coming from- :)

hope you had a great weekend!

xoxo
sarabeth

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love your style Amber! Beautiful layout! I have a feisty redheaded dog named Stella. She's 10 years old and not so feisty anymore but back in the day she was major feisty! LOL

Sarah xx said...

Awwww Amber, Gracie is sooo cute! Just adorable! This LO is lovely too, the colours are gorgeous!
xx

Harriet said...

I love this LO .... is beautiful

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful LO Amber! I love the soft colors and the feminine touches!

(-: Heidi

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio