Saturday, January 23, 2010

Paper Garden Projects Blog Hop

Hi and welcome to PGP's Romantic Garden Walk! So glad you've joined us for the blog hop. If you're just stopping by, visit Cathy's Blog to begin the hop. If you are already taking part in the hop, you should have arrived from Tracy's Blog. Now sit back and enjoy a romantic stroll thru the garden and be inspired by the design team to create your own Valentine Treats.

While you visit, subscribe to each Gardener's blog and take note of each designer's name and their Romantic Word in their blog post. Once you finish your garden tour, send an E-mail to custserv@papergardenprojects.com with the list of designers and their Romantic Word. The contest runs from January 23-26.

There's a beautiful Penny Black stamp set just waiting on the winner of the hop!



Now on to my project. I decided to make a treat holder and card set for Valentine's Day. Here is what you'll need to make the treat holder:



Mod Podge (available at craft stores and Wal-Mart)
Tissue Paper (the kind for gift bags)
Paint Brushes
Glass Bottle (I used a Prima Flower Bottle)

You simply start with a clean glass surface. Cut your tissue paper in strips, approximately 2 or 3 inches wide. Then you take Mod Podge and paint 2 or 3 inch section down your bottle. Adhere the tissue paper, then paint a section on the bottom of your bottle and adhere the paper, and do the same for the next side. Keep the strips of tissue paper long so you can do both sides with the same piece. When I got to the top of the bottle I trimmed the tissue paper for a perfect fit. I took a clean sponge brush to smooth the tissue paper to the bottle. I kept doing this until the bottle was covered and I reached the desired color and thickness of tissue paper.



Then I embellished the bottle with the Hearts Bloom Kit from Paper Garden Projects - a beautiful kit with ribbon, buttons, cardstock, and patterned paper. I added a Making Memories Chipboard Heart, felt for the topper, and a Melissa Francis Rub-On.



For my card I used the Hearts Bloom Kit & an adorable Anya Stamp that is also available in the Signature Girls Stamp Set also at PGP! I used my Copics, MS Scalloped Punch, Making Memories Chipboard, Melissa Frances Rub-On, and Cuttlebug w/Spellbinder Nestabilties.



And for the finished gift set. All you need to add are some sweet treats to your bottle and you have a quick and unique gift.



Now for my romantic word: LOVE.

Next stop on the hop is Lorelie's Blog.

31 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

Adorable - thanks for the idea - i had saved two glass bottles from chili sauce and wanted to fill them with M&M's since the opening was small - now I know how to cover them! Thanks

Tricia T said...

How sweet! What a great idea for the bottle!

Sara said...

What a cute idea, thank you so much!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Very clever! Great idea!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your treat container. Thanks for showing us how to do it. Great job.

LORi said...

Hey Amber Girl....I love your project and card!!! Super fab...just like you!!! Big hugs - LORi

Gabriela said...

What a darling treat bottle and coordinating card! The lucky recipient is sure to love it.

mekei said...

this is really something. love your style

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

What a great project! I'm forever saving jars that I think look neat. I never thought of covering them with tissue, I love that idea!

Tammie said...

gorgeous project, Ber. Love to reuse those items, like the flower bottle.

lisa808 said...

So cute.

kathy s said...

what a pretty set thanks for the ideas

LINDA W. said...

Hi Amber,I love your project
and your card.
Thank You
Linda W

Tracy Durcan said...

Hi Amber :) Your project is soooo sweet!

Unknown said...

Doin' great with that coloring. I think I might need some lessons. Such a cute little set. I see "YOU" in all your projects.

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What a great idea! Your card is a cutie and the bottle is fab. The mod podge is a great idea and this might even be something I could do with my daughter. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa S. said...

Amber this is a really sweet idea. And the card is the sweetest too.

StampinCathy said...

This is such a cute gift set. Thanks for a great and easy to follow tutorial. You are going to make one Valentine very happy with this gift.

silvia said...

Fabulous container and card!!

Unknown said...

What a completely adorable gift set! Just wonderful Amber!

(-: Heidi

Coleen said...

Hi Amber, I like your site, very nice and lovely crafts. I signed to follow. Would you follow on mine? I'm an American living in Ukraine and I teach scrapbooking here.
http://teaontheterrace.blogspot.com/

Janet's Joy said...

Adorable project and card!

Chrisd said...

What a fun idea. You could save the milk bottles from Wendy's for this!Great directions too. Having fun on the hop.

Kristen H said...

The bottle is so cute, what a great idea. The card is darling too! TFS! So adorable!

Lagene said...

Your treat holder is very clever & the card is adorable!

Annette said...

What a great project Amber, your card is adorable and the treat bottle is so cute, I just love it!

Michelle said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing it.

Shaela said...

what a cute twist on an old classic - thanks for sharing :)

Lorelie Kim said...

Love what you did!! I like to keep containers and "repurpose" them, too! Fab project and card!!

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Dear friends

We do not agree with this year Brit awards decision.

Please attend our little web poll

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Madonna

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/nosecorrection.html]nasenkorrektur[/url]

BRITs.co.uk - tickets left standing!! This Competition is now closed
OK

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio