Monday, December 20, 2010

The Sampler Sketch Challenge

This week Scrapbooking Supplies R Us is having a new sketch challenge.  Take a look at the cute sketch:

This month I got to play with the adorable December kit from The Sampler.  Oh it's a beauty, loaded with Crate Paper, AC, and Jillibean Soup. 


The kit is darling.  Love the bright Wintery papers and embellishments.  So for my LO I decided to scrap the barnyard during a snowfall.


When I first looked at the sketch, I thought "ok, I need 5 pictures."  Then I decided to cut out squares from a Hambley Overlay to make little snowy windows instead of adding that many pictures.  I used my Spellbinder's Nestabilities and Cuttlebug to cut out the perfect squares.  These pictures are 2 of my favorites.  Someone told me I needed to enlarge and frame the horses and donkey picture in old barn wood.  And Mr. Kitty taking it easy on the snow always makes me smile!


I journaled directly onto my tickets.  And look at those adorable letters!  Dear Lizzy from America Crafts.  Visit Scrapbooking Supplies R Us to snatch up your December Sampler Kit today.

Now since this week is Christmas I wanted to share a few pictures of my Christmas Tree.  This year I went with a skinny tree and love it. 


Simple yet pretty and it doesn't take up much space.



This is what happens when you take a picture of your Christmas tree and have your camera set on the wrong mode.  I kinda like this picture, could you have guessed what it was?

3 comments:

Annette said...

Love the layout Amber, the photos are adorable! Love the one of Miss Kitty hanging out in the snow and I just want to give those little donkeys a big hug! Your tree is gorgeous, I love the retro look of it. (I enlarged the photo so I could see all the beautiful ornaments!) I think the photo of your tree you took with the wrong setting is so cool, it looks like it has a bunch of neon lights on it! I haven't wrapped one present yet as the cats might get curious and try to open them with their claws so I'm waiting until the last minute! Hugs, Annette

Alyssa S said...

How funny that your cat hangs out in the snow!! Beautiful layout...love that you didn't put 5 pics on it! That would have made it too busy. Oh, and that pic framed in old wood would be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos, especially the one of your cat laying on the snow!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio