Monday, May 25, 2009

A Happy Layout!

Hope everyone is spending a nice & relaxing Memorial Day with family and friends. I'll be working! But I had a wonderful weekend spent outdoors in the warm sunshine. We've had a lot of fun at the barnyard the past 2 days. One of our chickens hatched 10 baby chicks. They are just adorable and the Mom is such a gentle chicken, so happy I could see the little guys when they first hatched. Here's pictures of 2 chicks. It's not easy catching 10 chicks being photogenic at once, but hopefully I'll get a picture of the entire group this week. I just adore the little fellow I'm holding in my hand, look at those beautiful colors.


And some more exciting news. Scripture Scrappers has merged with Christian Paper Craft Magazine. Our Scripture Scrapper team is now the Scrapbook Challenge Team at CPCM. I'm so excited to help get this magazine started!
Here's a new LO I created:

This is little Trigger. He's my husband's uncles dog. He was missing for 1 month and we were sure he was a goner with all the hunters and wild animals in the mountains around our house. Well we got a miracle, Trigger was found. He was living with a family who took very good care of him and kept him in the house with their poodle.
I used my A Kiss On The Chic kit to complete this project. Laura's kits are great and you wouldn't believe how many supplies you receive! And the kits are priced low, I have no idea how she makes any profit including so much in these kits. And she purchases unique things from Etsy to add to her kits, so they will be unique.
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

Very colourful page. Thos chicks are just so cute :o)
Jackie xx

CJ said...

Beautiful page! I'm glad Trigger is safe home. :-)

Anonymous said...

Your babies are adorable!! MY daughter raised baby chicks last year in her classroom and LOVED it!!

Love the challenge and LO! So glad this little buy made it home!

Blessings and Hugs!

Tammie said...

What a sweet chick...I always loved my chickens, when I had them. There is nothing like watching them. You layout is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Amber, love your site and just subscribed through my Reader. I haven't scrapped much, but after seeing your creations I am totally inspired! Great work. Blessings, Diane

Annette said...

Congrats on the merge, that is so awesome and I can't wait to see your creations! Totally in love with your chicks, they are so cute! I can't wait to get our own little chicks one day, I can see me giving them all names and getting completely attached to them. So happy to see you did a page on your reunion with Trigger, love it that there was a happy ending!

Unknown said...

I have missed my computer so much. It's like I've missed several days and I don't know where they went. Baby chicks are awesome ( if they stayed tiny ). Bubby Randy had taken pics if his chicks on his phone to show Dad. Trigger will hopefully stay closer to home. If he were my dog he would be kept inside. So the merger did take place. I'll have to check it out.

Unknown said...

Awwww, my goodness but they are cute!

Beautiful LO Amber! Love those bright and pretty colors!

(-: Heidi

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio