Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day!!!

We live here, we depend on it, so why not have a day dedicated to it....HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!  Earth Day is all about celebrating and taking care of this beautiful planet that God has given us.  At If The Shoe Fits...Scrap It  we are dedicating this week's challenge to the Earth.  For the Fashionista Friday #75 we are recycling.

Put all your scrap materials to use! Scrap paper just lying around and anything else that could be reused. Examples - used cereal boxes, scrap ribbon pieces, etc... Think recycle! 

All of my family and friends know that I LOVEEEE Coca Cola!  Even though it gives me kidney stones, I love the stuff.  Cans aren't exactly environmentally friendly, so I decided to recyce my pop tabs and use them on a card:



I simply threaded my ribbon thru the tabs and used them as buckles:


Now it's your turn!  I know you can find something to recycle and use on a project...scraps of paper or ribbon, things from the environment!  Visit If The Shoe Fits and see the Design Teams darling creations and upload your projects today : )

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that is sooo creative! Great use of recycling!!

Nati Tristan said...

Amber! I'm a coke fan as well! LOVE it! And I totally love what you did with those tops! Wonderful job!

Annette said...

Love your card Amber, great recycling idea! Super creative to use the tabs for buckles!

Tammie said...

Sweet card and what a great use of pop tabs! I love to recycle and reuse items, I makes me feel so thrifty!

Nati Tristan said...

Hi it's me again! I wanted to let you know that there is an award waiting for you at my blog! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

natislittlescrapblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great card, it's been awhile since I've used the tabs, thanks for the reminder! :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic Card! Wonderful details and such a beautiful design! Have a Happy Easter! Mandy

Cammi said...

This is so beautiful! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Ijust love you work!
Diane
rrollf@bex.net

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio