Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Amy Mattes Designs

Hi all!  Have some fun Design Team news to share tonite.  I'm now part of the Amy Mattes Designs DT.  Amy has fabulous Etsy shops with custom or premade goodies, invitations, digis, and more! 


I want to share a card I made using some of Amy's adorable digital embellishments.  The printable digis I used can be found at Chocolate Sundae Designs.


Such a fun and easy way to make cards!  My sentiment, flower, and flower pot are all from Chocolate Sundae Designs.  My pink pearls and butterfly are from Creative Charms.


Does this card have you thinking of Spring?  Spring is in full bloom in Kentucky.  Some days are chilly, but all the trees are budding and there are even flowers out!   All of you know how much I love my chickens.  Well I bought Hubby an incubator for Christmas so we could hatch any eggs we like.  My neighbor has Bantam Silkies and gave us a setting of eggs.  Here is a picture of what an adult Silkie looks like:


Isn't it gorgeous?  We hatched 5 Silkies and 2 standard big chickens and 1 mystery chicken.  Here's a picture:


The chicks with the black feet and beaks are the Silkies.  They're soft chick feathers already reach their feet!  I'm in love!!!  They have a wonderful little chicken hutch at the barn with all the necessities a chick might need.  But today has been chilly and tonite it may get to freezing.  So guess where this picture was taken?  I have the little guys in a bath tub in one of my extra bathrooms.  They are nice and toasty!  Tomorrow is suppose to be warm, so hopefully they'll return outdoors in the morning. 

Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

Congrats on the DT position!! YOu so deserve it! And I love those silkies! They are soooo cute! How precious! Just like your card!

Annette said...

Congrats on the Design Team Amber! Love your card and the soft colors! Your baby chicks are so adorable! The Silkies are beautiful and fluffy, they are so cute! I can't wait to get our chickens, there will definitely be a few Silkies!

Anonymous said...

those chickies are sooooooooooo cute!!!!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio