Saturday, June 25, 2011

If The Shoe Fits

Hi guys!  Time for a new challenge from If The Shoe Fits...Scrap It.  This week we're thinking "roses".  This month we're celebrating June's birth flower - the rose.  So make a project and use roses, rose colors, rose papers, the possibilities are endless.  I also entered this little card in the following challenges:

Stampavie and More #145 - Butterflies
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Pile on those flowers.
Color Throwdown #147 -


And here is my card:


I used Papertrey Ink Stamps, Prima Flowers, My Mind's Eye Patterned Paper.  I used my Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch and lace from Crate Paper.  Visit The Shoe to see the Design Teams take on our rosie challenge and play along! 

Now who wants to see a new picture of my Silkies???  They are growing up, love these little guys. 


Aren't they adorable?  And they stay so very clean.  They love to stay in our "community center" of the day and come out in the barnyard of the evening when the shades over. 

This week has been a happy one.  My turkey Shanana hatched 2 baby turkeys, so everyone's tickled about that.  I got Shanana last Autumn.  She obviously had it rough and we think she lived most of her life confined to a cage.  She has to be the ugliest turkey I've ever seen, but she can't help that.  Now she's a Momma. 


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right???  She's so proud of her 2 baby turkeys and I couldn't be more pleased.  She's an excellent mother and I'm so happy we've given her the life she deserves and to never be in a cage again.   Will keep you updated on her wee ones.

5 comments:

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Beautiful card and the turkeys are fun, thanks so much for sharing both! Thanks also for joining our WHOOPSI DAISY challenge this time:)

Unknown said...

Amber, this card is gorgeous! Love the farm pics, I want some Silkies!

(-: Heidi

Annette said...

Your card is beautiful Amber! I love the wording! I just want to hug your silkies, they are so fluffy and I bet they are super soft! Love the little turkeys and I'm sure they think their mama is beautiful! Hope you have a great week! Hugs, Annette :)

Kristin Eberline said...

What a gorgeous vintage card! Love your blooms and patterned paper, and your overall design is perfect!!

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week! Thanks also for sharing photos of your turkey and her babies...how cute :] Glad to know you rescued her ♥

Unknown said...

Love the vintage feel of this card, and your choice of papers/colors is fabulous! Love your pics too!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio