Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

Hi all!  How's your Tuesday been?  My work schedule allows me to be off a lot during the weeks, so I love Tuesdays.  It's quiet and relaxed.  Have a little card to share tonite that I'm entering in the following challenges:

The Shabby Tea Room #68 - Use favorite papers and embellishements.
The Crafty Pad Challenge 127 - Bold & Bright Colors

Here's my card:


Who couldn't love these bright fun papers?  Love the colors, so vibrant and some of my favorites of the Summer.  My newest favorite embellishments are these Vintage Fabric Tags from Amy Matte's Designs.  Oh the possibilities are endless for these cuties.  And I had to add a little strip of teal glitter paper to make things blingy. 

Id also like to give a big thanks to the Color Throwdown for listing me as one of their favorite cards from the past week!  And a shout out to The Front Porch Kits Blog for liking my use of their adorable garden glove! 

Last but not least, I've decided to start a Family History Scrapbook.  I started one a few years ago, before blogging, but didn't finish it.  Since my Papaw passed away, I feel like I need to record things he's told me about our family before time diminishes those memories.  I got the book Scrapbooking Your Family History from Creating Keepsakes and the workbook a few years ago.  I got them back out and have all my tools ready to get to work, so wish me luck!  I'll post pictures as I go along.    Have any of you created a project like this, any tips?  It's a bit overwhelming to think about where to even begin! 

I've got a picture to share before logging off.  You know me and my camera!  I love snapping pictures in the barnyard.  Here's a cute one I took the other day:


Chickens love watermelon!  No matter the age, size, and breed it's one thing they all seem to have in common.  This little chick got his first taste of melon.  He watched his Mamma eating and had to join in the fun.  It's just so adorable.  Here he's (or she) is drinking some juice from the watermelon.  Isn't Summer grand! 

4 comments:

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Oh super bright and bold card hun! Perfect for this weeks challenge! And super cute chick too, did not know chicks love watermelon! Thank you for playing with us at The Crafty Pad!

Annette said...

What a cute card Amber, I love the bright colors and the banners! Your little chick is too adorable, he looks like he's ready to dive into that watermelon!

Dawn said...

Too cut! I love that little chicky!
Great layout too!
Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card and chickie!!!Love the flags on the side!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio