Tuesday, October 13, 2009

DCRU Challenge

Time for a new challenge at the Die Cuts R Us DT Blog! I had soooo much fun working on this week's project. The challenge is - make your own embellishment! I can't wait to see what everyone makes, I'm sure to get all kinds of scrappy inspiration.
This week our host is the fabulous Margie! The DT all used the "Craft Fair" Collection from American Crafts that can be found at the DCRU Store for purchase. All crafters will want this paper!

And here is my card:



I used a piece of fabric as my first layer for this card. I used pinking shears to go around the edges of my fabric. Then I made 4 equal squares of the AC paper and added that as another layer to my card. I then hand stitched around the edges of my AC paper. I then added my embellishment...



...a Jenni Bowlen Die Cut that I glittered around the roof, added Pom Pom ribbon to the bottom, Twine from Papertrey Ink, and a Melissa Frances Rub-On.

And I wanted to share an award that my super buddy Sammye Jo gave me.



Check out the DT's amazing creations at the DCRU DT Blog!

7 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Amber this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE everything about this card right down to those cute poof balls! GORGEOUS!!!

Annette said...

LOVE your card Amber!! It is so beautiful and I love your embellishment!!

Tammie said...

Beautiful! You are sooo creative.

Unknown said...

What a great card and it's so pretty. This just proves that one can create without all the glitz and glamour. WTG Amber.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Your card is so pretty! It's my fave one ;)
Great job!!!
:*) margie

Sammye Jo said...

LOVE this! Seriously adorable!!!

Cara said...

Amber, what an incredible CUTE card! Hope you're having a great day!!
Cara
www.CarasScrapNStampArt.blogspot.com

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio