Friday, June 4, 2010

The Sampler

Scrapbooking Supplies R Us has a wonderful monthly kit club called The Sampler. Today I wanted to share a look at the kit and a new project I made.

The June Kit is perfect for Summer Time, full of fun things involving travel and summer. Here's a picture of the kit:



The ribbon and embellishments are fabulous. Visit The Sampler to see a list of all the goodies in this month's kit.

I recently purchased the 7 Gypsies Artist Tray (that I got at Archivers). The idea is to use ATC in it, but I had another idea. I used it to make a 12x12 LO:



This is a picture of me and my Papaw. He is an amazing man and this picture was taken about a month ago when he came to visit the farm. I love spending time with him, he's the smartest person I know!

So I wanted to do a LO and use my Artist Tray as a frame. I simply measured and cut my 12x12 paper into rectangles, then did the same to my picture. It was like working a puzzle. All scrapbooking paper and embellishments are from The Sampler.

I then took some of the fabulous ribbon and chandelier drops from the kit and made flowers:



You can visit my tutorial for making flowers.

By adding some flowers to the actual tray and others to the trim, it gave the frame dimension.



Visit The Sampler to see more details of this month's kit.

And happy news. I have a card in the June issue of Cards Magazine, woot woot. Page 63...my new favorite number!

6 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love your layout! Very creative!

A BIG congrats on the Cards issue! I'm an online subscriber and haven't looked at it yet but page 63 will be the first one I go to! So happy for you!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Amber! I love how tou used that tray!

(-: Heidi

Deb Neerman said...

What a fabulous LO ... love it! And congrats on being published!!

Alyssa S said...

How fabulous is this??? Love how you put your 'puzzle' together!
Congrats on the publication too! You deserve it!

Annette said...

Love your layout, it is so creative! Congrats on the publication, can't wait to see your card! Hugs, Annette

Unknown said...

My two most favorite people in the world. My Dad and my Daughter. Dad would love this Amber. What a great way to begin your new DT.

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio