Sunday, August 1, 2010

Black & White Challenge

Hello August! To kick off the month I have a card I made for the latest challenge at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog...make a project and use black/white. I loved this challenge and the chance to use these colors. Here is my card:



I made this card for my Cousin and his Bride who were married yesterday. There's no color combination as elegant as black and white!

My ribbon is Double Ruffles White available at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I kept swirling my ribbon around to make a flower and used glue dots to adhere it to a paper backing. That's the quick and easy way to make a flower. If you want to make a really professional flower, use felt as a backing and your glue gun! My stamps are Papertrey Ink's free Anniversary Stamp Set.

Visit the RRR Blog to play along with our new challenge!

I also entered my card in The Play Date Cafe challenge - which is black/white and a touch of green color challenge.

9 comments:

Kathlene said...

Wow, I love this card! The image is so elegant and simple and the ruffled ribbon rose gorgeous. TFS.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! Love the ruffles, pearls and flower. Thank for joining in at the PDCC this week!

Katja said...

I really love this. How did you do this??? So very pretty!!!

Greetings,
Katja

Tammie said...

Beautiful card Ber. I thought 'what a geat wedding card' before I read that it was for J&M! LOL....just beautiful, I will scrapbook it for her.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, love that ribbon treatment!

Dorcas said...

Hi Amber! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. :-) I love your vintagey flower here! Its sooo pretty! (well the whole card is actually) And how cool that you have ducks too! I have never seen ducklings through from incubator to adulthood but I have had them from a two days old and made a pen in my bathtub. LOL! I guess you could say we're both "country" :-)
Hugs, Dorcas

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHH! That ribbon and flower is LUSH--just love it! I can't get over how gorgeous it is! Must have!! I also love those pearl accents! Your green is just the right splash:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Spyder said...

Very pretty card

(Lyn)

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

This is so pretty! The pearls are perfect with the ribbon.

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio