Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas Time Already???

This is sure to be a busy month...Lots of crafting deadlines, Thanksgiving, a vacation (yippee), and plenty of Christmas shopping.  November always makes me reflect on all I have to be thankful for, which is a long list.  God has been VERY good to me!  I think I'm most thankful that He has blessed me with a simple life.  I thrive on farm life.  Love every second of it, even though some aren't easy.  We lost my little duck Cornbread this week, not easy!  But it's a comfort to know he had the best life possible while he was here.  I'm sure there aren't many ducks who have a skillet of cornbread made for them each nite.  Living on a farm, you learn to give and take, but I wouldn't change things for the world. 


I love this picture of my goats.  They are so happy and carefree.  That's how we all should be.  My little goat Cinnamon (in the front) almost died TWICE this year!  We've started saying she has 9 lives!  I'm very thankful she's still with us and as happy as ever. 

And I have a new Winter Goal.  I want to learn to sew.  I'm a crafty person, why do I destroy every sewing machine I look at?  There are so many fabulous sewing blogs and I REALLY want to learn.  Check out Cluck.Cluck. Sew.  Too cute!




So wish me luck, I'll need it. 

6 comments:

Alyssa S said...

Sorry to hear about your little duck! Your goats are adorable! They look like they're having a blast!! lol
Good luck with the sewing! I really want to learn as well, but don't know if I want to add another addiction :o)

Unknown said...

So sorry for the bad times..guess we take the good ones for granted. I hope Cinnamon get to run like this for many years to come. You already know how to sew ( remember the Christmas tree you made me in HS?). Sew...hehehe...go for it.

Cara said...

Hi, Amber. Sorry about your duck...your goats are too cute and I'm glad you are enjoying life on the farm :o)
Enjoy the upcoming holidays!!
Hugs,
Cara

Annette said...

Oh no Amber, I'm so sorry about Cornbread, I know he was a special little duck and had a good life.
Your goats are so cute, I love Cinnamon's colors! If you can draw a straight line then you can sew, it's not that hard at all. I'd say the hardest part is learning to thread the machine and bobbin, once you get that out of the way, you'll be good to go! Can't wait to see your future sewn projects! Hugs, Annette

Karey said...

I thought I was the only one who destroyed sewing machines. Couldn't get mine to sew so when big lots had them for $99 @ Christmas and in Jan, I bought one. Since then the new one stopped sewing. I finally took them both in to a handy man. He got them working, but I still have trouble with the new one.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Cornbread ((hugs)) and I do love the picture of your goats, they do look like they are having a fun time!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio