Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Altered Spool

Hi all!  First up I want to thank everyone who played along with the Practical Scrappers "Link with Love" Blog Hop!  Now for the winner of my scrap goodie prize package - Patricia of Harmony, Health and Faith.  Congrats, email me at msadg(at)setel(dot)com with your addy and I'll get your package in the mail.

Now on to something new.  This week at The Cutting Cafe we are all about "St. Patricks Day"...I worked with the 4 Leaf Clover Shaped Card and Lucky Me Digi Stamps available at The Cutting Cafe.  I wanted to think "outside the box" for this challege so I decided to alter a twine spool as a St. Patty's Day gift:


I have been seeing banner greetings lately - you roll a banner up and have the recepient unroll their sentiment.  This is such a cute idea, kinda  trendy version of opening a card.  Thought a spool would be perfect to connect my banner to.  I also used the 4 Leaf Clover and added goodies from Etsy and a Key Hole from Maya Road. 



A perfect gift to present to a "lucky" teacher.  I added a thin toothpick behind my clover to make it more sturdy.  Visit The Cutting Cafe to see all of Regina's amazing printable stamps and cutting files.  And visit The Cutting Cafe Blog to see the Design Teams adorable creations!



5 comments:

Carolyn Wolff said...

What a great idea. I have some of these spools just sitting in my stash. Now I will have to try this.

Delightful Designs by Katherine said...

What a great lil teacher gift.

Annette said...

Wow Amber!! This is absolutely adorable! I think this is one of my most favorite things you have ever made, I love it!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Way to go Amber!!! You make everything exciting. I've never met anyone who loves paper and scissors more than you!!!

Patricia said...

Just wanted to say thank you! I recieved my prize!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio