Monday, March 26, 2012

Cute Critters

Hi guys.  Have some inspiration to share with you tonite from The Cutting Cafe.  This week we are showing you an adorable set called Cute Critters.  This set has been a favorite of mine since being on the Design Team, because of the bees.  In case you didn't know, we have bees on the farm.  Hubby and my Father In-Law have bee stands and get honey from the hard working queen and her helper bees.


Here's a picture of some of the bee stands.  See that smoking thing???  That's a bee smoker.  When you rob the bees and get the racks of honey out, you can puff smoke on the bees and it calms them.  Amazing huh?  I honestly respect bees because they are such hard working little creatures.


For my bee card I used Copics, Sakura pens, and Stickles to color my image. My papers are Jillibean Soup.  You can purchase the Cute Critters Stamp Set at The Cutting Cafe.  Don't forget to check out all the inspiration this week at the Cutting Cafe Blog

Enjoy!!!



5 comments:

Annette said...

Adorable card Amber! Great job on the coloring!! Our bees flew away last year but Terry is hoping to get the hives started up again soon. I would love to have fresh honey - mmmm!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Cute card...nice coloring and I learned something about bee keeping too!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Love your beehive card. Your colouring is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

LOVE....LOVE....LOVE...your little critters. Cute stamp and great coloring.

jessica said...

What a great card! It is so cool that you have bees!! Thanks for sharing that new info :) I love learning different things about people!
TFS

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio