Wednesday, December 3, 2008

2 Sketches - Laura's Sketch14

I'm an early bird this week! Already done with my 2 Sketches card. It just amazes me how different people interpret a sketch, that's the fun of scrapping for me. Every one has their own unique ideas and no two people are going to scrap alike....and you are never wrong, no matter what you make.
So here's a look at Laura's sketch this week:

This week's card is a happy, Springy, pastel card. I'm sick and tired of red and green and Santa! I used Colorbok and K & Co. paper, Cosmo Cricket stickers, Melissa Frances letters, stickles, Sandy Lion Stamps, Copic Markers, Martha Stewart Ink, and The Paper Studio gems.

And I've kinda discovered a little secret (I'm probably the only person that didn't know!). When you take pictures of your cards from odd angles you get really pretty shots and hardly any blurring. So that's what these next two pictures are, me experimenting.


If you've noticed, many of Melissa Phillips pictures of crafts are at odd angles, so that's what got me thinking....maybe I have too much time on my hands:) Enjoy!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable Amber! Love those butterflies and all of the detail you put into your card (even the Melissa Phillips 'odd angle' shots, ;)wink). Fab take on Laura's sketch this week!

Annette said...

Your card is so cute, I love the colors of it and all the details and especially the butterflies!

Pam said...

Beautiful colors :)

Unknown said...

Very creative card, I counted 8 different pieces used. I love the layering and the colors. Angles work, don't you think? I visited a blog one day ( no idea who )..but the picture was taken hanging on a gate outside. It's all about the lighting. Good luck.

Unknown said...

This is so sweet and adorable! I love your springy colors! (Sometimes I feel like taking a break from Christmas too!)

Kath Stewart said...

super cute card Amber and I love your butteflies - Hugs kath
xxx

oheidia said...

I know your feeling about all the christmas colours used these days. I am aslo a little bit sick of red for instance. But, i love your card and the colours in it. I just miss summer, butterflies, flowers and the sun - and your card gives me the summer-feeling!

Thank you :=)

Mary said...

I ditched the Christmas colors this week too! I just haven't gotten a chance to post it! Didn't it feel great to step into spring for a bit?!

Tammie said...

I LOVE IT! Pretty colors and the layering is great! I, too, am sooo tired of christmas colors...I am already thinking valentine's day.

Sherie said...

Love these happy colors! I agree, I am ready to move on to another theme with my cards:)

Lea L. said...

Such a sweet girly card...I love the soft colors and butterflies! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Katie said...

Soo cute, Amber! Those butterflies are adorable...great take on the sketch!!

I had to take a little break from the red/green scheme too this week...my card for next week is VERY spring...was I supposed to say that?! ;)

Hugs,
Katie

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio