Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Flowers

If anyone has visited Anabelle O'Malley's blog lately, I'm sure you've see those beautiful little flowers she's been making for embellishments. Well she has made it easy for all of us to make that same little flower, just go here and read her tutorial! Super easy and cute! So I decided tonite was the nite, I was going to make the pretty little flower, and I did.


On this card I used some Melissa Frances and Colorbok paper, Michael's ribbon, Colorbok Chipboard, and some glitter glue, button, and hemp. I love glitter but I'm not a big fan of the mess glitter makes. So I took some glitter glue and a small art brush and painted it over my flower to give it some shine. Plus I had no mess, when I do this technique all I have to do is wash my paint brush out.
Who's been working on Christmas cards? I have inked and trimmed til I'm tired of Christmas already! I'm surprised the turn my cards took this year, was really inspired by last week's sketch at 2 Sketches....but everyone will have to wait and see! And tomorrow, I'm pulling out the embossing powder! Talk about messy! I have to wait til the cards are mailed and hopefully received before I can post!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tammie said...

Love the flower...now I will have to go to her site to read the tutorial. Feeling better?

Unknown said...

Beautiful flower, and the card isn't plain, it's very pretty.

Annette said...

Beautiful card Amber! Great circle flower and love how you did the glitter. You are smart using glitter glue, I usually have glitter all over the place, including me and then I'll go out in public and my face will be sparkling! hee hee

Laura Davis said...

LOL that is so funny that your are done with Christmas colors:) I love this fresh springy card!
Laura

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio