Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Little Of This...A Little Of That...

Hi all!  Have a few cards to share tonite from challenges.  I get so busy with Design Team work that I slack on challenges, but they are so fun and really energize my creativeness.  Tonite I made a card for the CR84FN Color Challenge:


Oh my, aren't these colors dreamy???  So Springy.  I also added the CardPatterns Sketch:


And here is my card:


This card was made using goodies from April's Front Porch Kit.  I have loved playing with this kit and can't wait to see Mays! 

Next up is The Ribbon Reel Challenge:


Here's my card:


This card is made with Crate Paper goodies.  The stamped sentiment and cardstock is Papertrey Ink.  Everything else is Crate Paper - gotta love Emma's Shoppe!  Such feminine papers!  Many of the Emma Shoppe papers remind me of vintage sheets and fabric, LOVE IT! 

A little farm news.  My chicks are growing like weeds!  And I have 4 chickens and 1 duck sitting on eggs at the moment...so in a few weeks there will be chicks running everywhere.  I also have a blue bird box in my back yard and they have little ones now.  I adore blue birds, take a look at a picture I found on the web:


Early every Spring I clean my blue bird house out (because they will not build in an old nest, they like to start from scratch).  If I pay close attention I will see the little male and female bird begin work on their nest.  They have already laid their first sitting of eggs this year and have baby birds, I've seen them flying back and forth feeding them.  When these babes leave I'll clean the box out to get ready for the next sitting.  Such a blessing to be able to look out my kitchen window and see these beauties!  I highly recommend if you enjoy nature - do a little homework on blue birds and invest in a blue bird box! 

14 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

I love those cards and it must be amazing to see those little guys in your backyard! How wonderful! They are adorable!

Pauline said...

What beautiful cards - love your CR84FN on, the layout looks fab and the papers are so pretty. You really nailed the colours this week for The Ribbon Reel Challenge, love that bicycle stamp and the funky button. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

And I love the pic of the Bluebird in your backyard - such a beautiful blue. xx

Oscar said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the vintage bicycle and that you used all the colours in this weeks challenge at The Ribbon Reel. Thanks for joining us!

Oh, and that blue bird is so beautiful. Super photo.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Amber. You are now recognizable by your creations....much like Melissa Phillips. Enjoy all your farm stories.

Zuzana Obert said...

Beautiful bicycle stamp. I love the vintage look and all the colours. Great work Amber! Thanks for joining in at The Ribbon Reel challenge.

Zuzana x x

Anonymous said...

As usual, your cards are adorable, and I too love blue birds, them and hummingbirds are my favorite back yard birds!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Oh, Amber, the blue bird is so beautiful. Isn't God AMAZING! I love his sense of design and imagination.

As for you cards...very nice. You could even enter your first one in the Claudia and Co. Challenge. They are wanting projects with at least one butterfly. :~)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Amber, Both of these cards awesome! I love the butterfly on the first and the pretty DP! Love the bicycle image on the second being a die hard bicycle rider that I am :) That little blue bird is darling! I just want to pinch his cheeks! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Deborah Frings said...

Such lovely cards - I do like the bike!! Your CR84FN card is super - great combination of layout and colour - the butterfly on the ribbon is super! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!


PS The bluebird photo is fabulous!

Lindsay said...

Fabulous cards! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Jenny said...

Lovely cards. I like the patchwork feel of the bicycle card.
Great picture of the blubird...so vibrant:)
Jenny x

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the sketch paired with the CR84FN card! The ribbon and raffia tie and butterfly are so PRETTY! LOVE the flowers on the circle paper, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Clare said...

Gorgeous, love the papers you used! thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel!

Lucky you to have such beautiful birds in your garden!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Amber! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio