Thursday, January 7, 2010

Challenges, Challenges, & More Challenges!

It's snowing AGAIN in Kentucky! So I've been out sledding with my nephew and visiting the barnyard. But I've also had time to be creative! I've got 2 cards for 3 challenges.

First up is my card for Caardvarks and Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suites Color Challenge:



For this card I used Papertrey Ink & Core'dinations cardstock and Melissa Frances Patterned Paper. I added a Melissa Frances Date sticker and inked its edges. I used Papertrey Ink's Ocean Tide and Cream ribbon, Papertrey Ink stamps, and Martha Stewart punches. I'm so addicted to my MS butterfly punch. After I had layered my butterfly I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to add a little blue to the cream paper. To finish this card I added 2 buttons and glittered them.

My next card is for this week's 2 Sketches 4 You Challenge:



I flipped the sketch to make my card. My Cardstock and Stamp is Papertrey Ink. I added vintage goodies from Etsy (lace, ribbon, and image). And I used my Martha Stewart Scalloped Punch. I used Fancy Pants Rub-Ons. This little card was fun to make!

And Die Cuts R Us is having a Design Team Call. If you are interested just visit the Die Cuts R Us DT Blog for details.

Enjoy!!!

22 comments:

Yvette said...

Wowza Amber!!! You've been a crafty little bee!!! These cards are FABULOUS to say the least!! Hmm, where do I start?!?! The 1st card is SO pretty! Love the butterfly and "date" card! The second one, WOW! Very beautiful! Love the image, pins, bow and lace! Great job girl!

Unknown said...

Two beautiful cards. Love all the vintage goodies. Is this the Christmas gift from Lisa? I love that MS punch also. lol I'm not a butterfly fan.

Kim Eppley said...

These are awesome! I've never tried to glitter buttons before but now I will! I was able to make 2 cards as well. I feel like I got my mojo back when she posted this color combo!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so fantastic! Love these! Great detailing! :) Kathy

Unknown said...

Oh Amber, these are both so gorgeous! Love all the layers!

(-: Heidi

Cara said...

Hi, Amber! Nice to be busy stamping when it's snowing. I love your style and the glittered buttons are perfect!! Happy New Year!!

cnelson said...

your cards are absolutely beautiful!!

Stampin Mindy said...

These are beautiful! I love that butterfly and your ribbons. The bling on the button is fabulous!! Great cards!!!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Tons of fun! Love all your layering and the style! =)

Inspired Scrapper said...

Love the layers and details in the cards!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous! Both cards are delicious but that color combo card is really striking! Great work!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Amber, I sent you an e-mail so if you don't get it let me know. annie21211@yahoo.com

Mary said...

Amber, you should upload your first card to CPC since the Fun on Friday challenge is to use a calendar or date.

Great work!

Lea L. said...

These are both utterly gorgeous!! Loving the glittery buttons on the first one....well, I just love everything about both of them! Tee hee! Great job with the challenges!

♥Lea

Adele Fowler said...

Love your cards so soft. Really like the shiny Buttons! :)

dstandard said...

Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

your work is stunning - love the vintage :)

shelly said...

suuuper, super pretty cards! love the mix us of elements!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your cards are fantastic!! Really unique :-)

Anonymous said...

My word these are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

My word these are gorgeous!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun buttons and great punch work. Way to rock Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio