Tuesday, January 19, 2010

DCRU Sketch Challenge

Today is a special challenge at Die Cuts R Us- our first Sketch Challenge! Our first sketch was created by DT member Lori.

Here's the sketch:



And here is my take:



First of all I started by flipping the sketch. Then I used paper, buttons, and bling from the DCRU January Card Kit. I then used American Crafts Stamps - available at the DCRU Store to stamp my tree branch, birds, and sentiment. I used Papertrey Ink heart stamps in place of leaves on my tree. I went over my hearts with Stickles to add some shine. I also used my Martha Stewart Scalloped Punch, Cuttlebug & Spellbinder Nestabilities, and vintage lace from Etsy.

Visit the Die Cuts R Us DT Blog and check out the DT's beautiful creations this week!

Enjoy!!!

10 comments:

Kristen H said...

I love this! I love the paper, the dots, the layers, the birds. What an amazing card! I also was looking at your true friend layout and love it. I have a puppy who I just love and it is my first dog that is mine! I love her so much, and this picture just really hit home for me! I love it!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Love it! Your coloring and all the ribbon and buttons, so cute!

Enjoy your Tuesday :*)
hugs, margie

Cara said...

Amber, this is such a lovely card!!! Are you going to share it with your sweetie this Valentine's Day :o)
Happy Tuesday!!
Cara

Jessica Diedrich said...

beautiful take on the sketch, Amber! LOVE the colors!

Unknown said...

I know I always say this..BUT...I think this just might be my favorite card yet!!! I love the little tree branch with hearts ( instead of leaves)the two little birds, the vintage lace. It's adorable. So glad you all are doing sketches now!!!

Annette said...

This is so cute, I just love it! Love the little hearts on the tree branch, everything about it is adorable! Hugs, Annette

Harriet said...

I love this card...the colors and the birds....

Unknown said...

Oh, I LOVE this Amber! So sweet! Those birds are precious!

(-: Heidi

Sara said...

So cute! Love the hearts and birds!

LollyChops said...

I love everything about this card Amber! The scallops with the holes is totally my fav though (and the birdies too of course)!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio