Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sweet Saturday

My first post of 2010! I think it's so exciting to start a new year. Leave all the extra baggage of the past year behind with a new beginning. I can already tell the days are getting longer and I'm loving the extra daylight. Won't be long till the little trees start blooming and frogs croaking...ok maybe I'm getting ahead of myself - it did snow today!

I'm so addicted to the color pink at the moment. Seems like every card I make is a "pink" card. I think it's because I was in red & green overload at Christmas. So today I'm sharing another pink card:



I used PTI cardstock for my card base. Then I added strips of Melissa Frances and My Mind's Eye patterned paper. I zig zag stitched around each of these. Then I added a Webster's Pages card that said "A Perfect Day". I simply framed the saying with a chipboard heart by Making Memories. I added a bow and some vintage lace for the finishing touches.

Hope everyone has a terrific Sunday. We have Church in the morning then spending time at the barns, followed by homemade vegtable soup for dinner and kicking back to watch some football!

7 comments:

Yvette said...

Amber!!!! This is SOOO pretty!!! I'm a "pink" kinda girl myself. I LOVE the stitching and the hearts. This is just so FAB!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL Card Amber!!!! I love all the ingredients used. As I look at the card I try to find them. Love your stitching? I've noticed the past week that the days were getting longer...even made the comment that you would be happy. Love you baby girl. Mom

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

GORGEOUS! Wow, what a pretty card, Amber! I love pink! and the stitching is sooo cool :)

Stay warm! :*) margie

Tammie said...

Beautiful card....that stitching makes such a difference. Church, animals, soup and football...sounds like a PERFECT cold Sunday afternoon. Love you.

Anonymous said...

amber this card rocks! i love the colors and your style :)

xoxo
sarabeth

Sammye Jo said...

You know I am loving the pink!!! Freezing across the state I think! I love homemade veggie soup after a day in the barn too! ANd sittin on the front posrch listening to bullfrogs croak is music to my ears!!! XoXo- SJ

Annette said...

Beautiful card Amber, love the pink and the stitching! Hope you are enjoying your snow and the New Year! Hugs, Annette

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio