Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sketch Girl 11

Time for a new challenge at Sketch Girl. This month our sponsor is Perfect Presentation! The winner of the challenge will receive a Perfect Presentation template of your choice.

Are you ready to see the sketch? Here it is:



And here is my card:



I flipped the sketch & instead of using circles in the corners I used triangles. I used Papertrey Ink Cardstock & Patterned Paper, Ink, and Stamp. I used Basic Grey Patterned Paper and Chipboard, Prima Bling, and my Cuttlebug plus a Quickutz Embossing folder. I inked over the embossed paper with Martha Stewart ink to make the polka dots stand out.

Visit all of the Sketch Girl Design Team Blogs for lots of inspiration:

Alyssa
Harriet
Eve
Tiffany
Randee
Bonnie
Katie
Jennie
Jessica
Sara
Annie
Julie

Our Guest Designer for January is Laurel Seabrook.

Hope everyone is staying warm. The snow is flying outside my window! We've already got at least 4 inches with MUCH MORE to come. So if you are snowed in (like me) you'll have plenty of time to craft! Be sure to leave the link to your card in comments on the Sketch Girl Blog!

21 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Another great take on the sketch. There is wonderful dimension on your card and I like the triangles vs "circles". I really need to get that PTI set :>)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh, and no snow, but it is 5 degrees out this morning...brrrr!

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful!

Mary said...

Great work! That is one of my all time favorite PTI sentiments! We are pretty much snowed in up here too!!

Harriet said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous.... i love the colors, embellishments and just everything about it....

Harriet

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow, it's so pretty! Very cool card, Amber. I love all the different shapes you went with and the branch thingy with the ball thingys (I'm still nursing my coffee and not fully functional yet) is a gorgeous addition.

I'm snowed in too and love it!

Shawna said...

LOVE the use of the pearls on the tree branch! Wonderful card!

Laura B said...

Gorgeous card, Amber!!

P.S. I got the blog candy in the mail yesterday. Thank you so much! I can't wait to play with everything you sent!:)

hugs,
Laura

Sara said...

Wow Amber this is gorgeous, you did an amazing job on the sketch!

Alyssa S said...

Gorgeous! All the shapes and texture and the branch is just too fun! I love this card!

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful card, love the embellishments .
:-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the colors!

Tammie said...

Gorgeous card, Ber. Love the colors and the embellies. Still snowing here...got about 8-9 inches.

Randee E said...

Amber, I love your card! It's so unique and I love the way you treated the DP with embossing AND ink!! When I first saw it I was thinking "That doesn't really look like the sketch" But when I read that the triangles were the cirlces is though, "AHA! How clever!" Really, a beautiful card!!

Annette said...

This is gorgeous Amber, I love the little berries! We got about 4 1/2inches of snow with the temp. getting down to 13 last night so it is icy and cold! Hugs, Annette

Jess said...

Stunning card Amber! There is so much gorgeous detail and I love the soft colors!

Heather Schlatter said...

Amber,

This is seriously gorgeous and I love the colors and your creative take on the sketch!!!

I love green so this totally works for me!!!

Great Job and I hope I get a chance to get to know you better working on the DCRU DT together!!!!

Heather

Kristen H said...

What a beautiful card! I love what you did with the sketch and the paper is GORGEOUS! Great job (as usual)

KatieTurtle said...

You make me laugh Amber! 4 inches snows you in? I was grumbling 2 weeks ago when my husband and I left for work and there was 10 inches on the ground!

Absolutely LOVE your card. Totally the type of card I could never manage and make it come out looking good. The beads and the branch are awesome!

~amy~ said...

good grief, this is amazing...I love it...so many gorgeous details!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Wowsa!!! I just love this card. Fab job on the sketch.

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio