Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DCRU Ribbon Challenge

I am such a ribbon addict! I feel like it's a must on every project I create! So this week's DCRU challenge is perfect - Ribbon! Make a project, LO, or card and use ribbon! Easy peasy!

I love the new Mays Art ribbon at the Die Cuts R Us store (click to see the entire selection at DCRU). It is so easy to twist and turn to make the perfect bow. And check out Dawn McVey's bow tying tutorial if you need extra bow-tying inspiration.

Now for my card:



This card was so fun and simple to make. Everything highlighted in pink is available at the DCRU Store. I used Prism cardsock as my base. Then I layered 2 different Basic Grey patterned papers from the Origins collection. I LOVE this collection of paper, such great earthy colors. I added BG Origins matching chipboard tree limb. Then I added my May Arts ribbon. I used a PTI stamped sentiment and added 2 brads. I inked all the edges of my paper with Martha Stewart ink.

Visit the Die Cuts R Us DT blog to see the DT's beautiful creations.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Amber! Simple, sweet and perfect!

(-: Heidi

Unknown said...

Beautiful Amber. Everything came together perfectly. Love it.

Laura B said...

This is a beautiful card! I love it!:)

hugs,
Laura

Tammie said...

Love the colors! Makin' me think of Spring :)

Annette said...

What a sweet card Amber! I love the branch at the top and your bow is perfect! We might get some snow too, not nearly as much as you though! Hugs, Annette

Mary said...

Cute card! Great ribbon! I think my addiction is lace and jute :o)

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio