Monday, January 5, 2009

Caardvarks Challenge

Well I'm addicted to card challenges! This week I'm trying Caardvarks. The sketch is by the very talented Becky Fleck so I had to try it!

My first card I made using this sketch I didn't like at all and ended up trashing it! So I had to start over, and here's my creation:

I used Colorbok and My Mind's Eye Paper, Prima jewels, American Craft Thickers, and a K & Co. flower. Love how the colors came together for this little card.

Mom also sent me a blog award today, look how cute:

So now I have to send it to 5 people (and I'm picking people that haven't received it yet).
1. Audrey
2. Sherry
3. Anabelle
4. Heidi
5. Rae
You'll never guess what I did today, made a scrapbook layout! It's been months since I made one. I entered the Scrapbooker of the Year contest at CK last summer and since I did all that work it kinda got me burned out. Oh well, I'm sure it would have been different if I had won:) So I've been on a journey in card making since then, just needed to try something different and it's been fabulous. But it did feel so good to sit down with my pictures and whip up a page. I will try to share my layout later this week.
You need to check out my dear friend Annette's Etsy site. She's amazingly talented and it's unbelievable what she does with felt! So go shopping;)
That's all for tonite. Hope you like my little card!

7 comments:

Annette said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous Amber, I think this is one of my favorites! Thank you so much for my Etsy shop Promo, you are too sweet, thanks for being such a great friend!

Tammie said...

I love this card! The flower and little lady bug are gorgeous! Your pics are very detailed as well.

Unknown said...

LOVE the card, but I'd like to see the one you trashed!!!! I really like the layering and the different camera angles you are using. ( I'm really one to spread advice, I have a card 'block'..I just sit there and stare at the paper)!!!

LORi said...

Great Card Amber!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the award Amber!
Your card is adorable! Beautiful papers and I love the felt embellies! (esp. that little ladybug)
(-: Heidi

Mary said...

So pretty! Guess what - my eyelid has FINALLY slowed down some!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Well, I love your little card! It's adorable! Love the bling swirls with the ladybug especially. I'm a big fan of sketches, too. Always love me some Becky Fleck ones.
Thanks for the link to Annette's Etsy. Will definitely go check it out. Her stuff on her blog always amazes me with the detailing.
And thank you so much for that sweet award. You are the best, girl!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio