Friday, January 23, 2009

LOVE to Shop!

My hubby says "how can you want to buy new stuff already, we just had Christmas." I really do understand what he's saying, but it seems to go in one ear and out the other. He just doesn't understand how quickly trends change in scrapbooking;) So today I went to Hobby Lobby and boy oh boy did I find good sells. They had all of their stamps and stickers 50% off! Here's a little preview of some of the things I bought, check out the little wooden heart box I got, how cute is that?

And then when I got home I had a package! You can't imagine how I love getting stuff like that in the mail. I got my Paper Playground kits and they are fabulous. The January kit is full of Melissa Frances paper and matching trinkets and I just LOVE it. So I have had a wonderful scrappy day.
Wanted to share a little funny that happened today. We took my little nephew Logan who is 8 going on 30 with us shopping. Well at the restaurant he ordered steak and the waitress asked him how he wanted it (she meant well done, etc.). He looked at her as serious as anything and said "cut up". I cracked up at the little guy.
Here's my card for the nite. I based it on an old 2 Sketches layout that I had enjoyed making and thought I'd try it again.

It turned out very festive and I loved how simple it is and neat.
And in other news, I've been trying to get my friend Lisa to start a blog for months. But she's stubborn and said she didn't have anything to write about! Well guess what, click here to see her page. She finally gave in and is EVEN posting cards...I told her to think she could have been having all this fun months ago:)
Hope you are taking part in the Cuttlebug Challenge this week.
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable card, Amber! Love the pink and the scalloped pieces behind your greeting. It looks very festive, indeed.
So glad you got your kits and are happy! And you made two cards already? Way to go, girl! If you ever want to share them with us, we'd love to put them up in our gallery. Just send me a jpeg sized around 600 pixels on the largest side to gallery@paper-playground.com. That would be so cool. Strange about the yahoo group invite. I did send it to your email address. I'll have to go try again.

Audrey Pettit said...

Just went and checked out Lisa's blog. She's doing great! Couldn't leave her a comment, though, for some reason. When I click on comments, no box appears.....only a black space with the previous comment. Tried both posts with the same result. Maybe you could tell her for me.

Annette said...

I love your HL goodies and the wooded box is so cute! One can never have enough supplies as they keep coming out with wonderful products and they are a must have! I can't wait for all the new CHA releases. I love the story you shared about your nephew, kids say the cutest things without even realizing it! I'll tell you a funny about my younger brother in my next email to you, it is hilarious! Have a great day!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Beautiful card! Yes, I do understand a need to shop. :)
x Natasha x

Tammie said...

Wow...I love a scrappy shopping day! The card is too cute! And the Logan story....well once a waitress asked your Papaw how he liked his eggs..to which he replied with enthusiasm..."I LIKE 'EM." Can't wait to see your kits.

Tammie said...

Hey, I tried to comment to Lisa also, no luck. Let her know, will ya?

Unknown said...

I see you made it to your scrap room sometime during the night. lol...love the card. It's so you! I'm gonna take a peek at Lisa's blog now, I'm excited.

LORi said...

Amber~ I am CRAZY about this card!! LOVE IT!!

look here for a treat for you:
http://byloridesigns.blogspot.com/2009/01/blog-award-from-robin.html

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio