Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Time to Celebrate!!!

Hi guys. What's been going on in the blogging world? After I work a few days I feel like I miss so much in my blogging friends "scrappy" lives. But I've got good news, I'm on vacation all week so I get to sit back, relax, and enjoy all the snow and 5 degree temperatures we're suppose to have! Life on the farm is SOOOO hard when it's that cold, everything is more difficult x 100. The animals seem to love cold weather, especially my horses and donkeys. I made a discovery today, my ducks now have names. I've always just called them "the ducks" but my father in-law informed me they are Frank and Freda Quacker. I cracked up, if there's ever someone in this world who loves animals more than me, it's him!
Tonite I'm posting a "Celebrate" card in honor of my vacation. I wanted to make a masculine card, but not over the top manly. I think this little card was exactly what I had in mind:

I used some Colorbok cardstock, my base for most all cards. I have a little 4x6 Peebles Inc. creativity pad that I used for everything else. The rub on is K & Co. and I used my Fiskars scallop punch, Martha Stewart Ink, and Stickes.

This week (Wednesday) is my first Design Team challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog! I'm so excited. Even if you don't have a Cuttlebug, check it out. In the upcoming months we're having tons of giveaways and hopefully a blog hop with a treasure hunt! How fun is that?!? It's hard to believe last year I was throwing around the idea of starting a blog and kept telling my friends I didn't have a "CLUE" where to start, and now I just love my little blog because of all the friends I've met! So fun! Hope you enjoy my little card tonite.

6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Your card is adorable, Amber! Love the finishing touches that the stickles add. I always love a bit of sparkle.
I feel the same way about my blog. I only started mine last May, and really wondered what on earth I would do with it. But it's really opened up a whole new world of friendships that I cherish.
My gosh, is it cold where you are. And to think I'm feeling sorry for our 33 degree morning today. Yikes! Think Friday is really the day the cold is going to hit everyone though, right?? Think our high is supposed to be 22.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Amber. Imagine how many different items you can create this week!!! If I know you, you'll be busy doing something else. I didn't realize the ducks didn't have names. Compare our weather to Audrey's, she is having a heat wave.

Tammie said...

Love the card Ber...so pretty. I am so excited about your Cuttlebug DT spot and can't wait to see what you are doing there. I am excited to visit this week, oh, guess what...Ran got me the cuttlebug for my b'day....it should be here in a couple of weeks ;)

Unknown said...

This is such a cute card Amber! I love the bit of sparkle you've added to it!
Have fun with your time off!
(-: Heidi

Maggie Lamarre said...

I luv the card it is adorable..
Thank you for being part of the team :)
MAggie

Annette said...

Love your card Amber! I hope you have a fun time crafting this week! I love the world of blogging also because I have met the most wonderful people, especially you! It is so great to be able to relate to other people that share a passion for paper. Stay warm and enjoy your snow! My sister just named her to cochin chickens "Ethel and Lucy", she just loves them. Have a wonderful week!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio