Tuesday, February 16, 2010

DCRU Challenge

Time for a new Tuesday Challenge at DCRU! This one is really fun and challenging....no designer/patterned paper! Use cardstock, stamps, embossing, whatever you can think of to create your project...just no patterned paper~

I pulled out my Prism Cardstock (available at DCRU) and got to work!

Here's my creation:



I used Prism Cardstock. I took a piece of blue and stamped the design on it with Technique Tuesday stamps. I then ran it thru my Cuttlebug using a Quickutz embossing folder. I inked my embossing with green ink to make it stand out. My ribbon is Mays Art...the easiest ribbon to use in the world. They're wide silk ribbon is the same on both sides, identical. So you don't have to worry about flipping your ribbon around trying to make the perfect bow. Everything in pink is available at the DCRU Store. Simply click on the product to start shopping. I also sprayed my embossed paper with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I added a stamped sentiment, twine, and button are from PTI. My doily is SEI and the lace is from ETSY.

Visit the DCRU DT blog to see all the inspiring creations this week!

6 comments:

Tammie said...

This is a beautiful card. Love the use of techniques to make the paper stand out. Gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Amber..love the way you created "your paper"...love that vintage lace and the bow is so cute ( and perfect ). My little crafter!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOW! This is vintage GORGEOUSNESS!

Mary said...

Great work! If you have not already checked out {ippity} stamps, go to my blog and see what it is about! I will be selling them for our Relay for Life team at church and think there are some you would really like! They are from Unity Stamp company! Thanks in advance for looking and please tell anyone you think would be interested so we can raise money :o) God Bless You!

Annette said...

This is so elegant and beautiful! You did an awesome job on your background paper and I love all the lace! Sooooo pretty! Hugs, Annette

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Amber!! I love the rich colors and all the fabulous texture!! Fabulous job with this weeks challenge!!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio