Sunday, January 29, 2012

Berries & Cherries

Hi guys!  Been neglecting my little blog this week...but I've not been neglecting blogging.  My fingers are about to fall off I've done so many DT posts tonite, but it's all fun work.  Have a card tonite that I made for the Taylored Expressions Sketch 151, here's the sketch:


I didn't own any Taylored Expressions Stamps till Christmas.   Lets just say Santa Claus must be a Taylored Expressions fan (or could it have been my Mom???).  I'm in love with TE stamps, the quality and detail are just amazing.  Here's my card:


I used TE and Papertrey Ink Cardstock.  My patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.  I used the Taylored Expressions Berries & Cherries Stamp set.  I added a doily and Liquid Pearl.  I colored my image with Copics.  I just love the little cherry border. 

Have another card to share tonite that I made for Practical Scrappers.  The girls at PS wanted to show some examples of crafty uses for ribbon on cards. 


Ah, how I love ribbon...let me count the ways!  Especially this beautiful silk ribbon from Mays Art.  This little card reminds me of my blue bird box in the back yard....and guess what, I saw the little male blue bird checking out his box this week.  I'm hoping that's a sign of an early Spring.  Do you have trouble tying the perfect bow?  I highly recommend getting a piece of scrap ribbon and checking out You Tube ribbon videos.  Practice till you find a technique that works for you. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amber these 2 cards are great. So glad Santa and his "helper" introduced you to TE.

Tracy said...

Yeah Santa Mom! This is a great set too! I absolutely LOVE what you've done with the sketch. Your details are fantastic. Thank you for playing with TESC!
Hugs,
Tracy

Cassie said...

Santa has great taste ;) Your cards are darling, Amber, and I love that you stamped your strawberries on a doily. . .adorable :D

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio