Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This and That


Hi bloggy friends.  Hope your week is going well.  I've had to work the last couple of nites and I'm pooped!  Planning a baby shower this weekend for a good friend - duck themed of course.  Speaking of ducks everything's been quiet on the farm the past few weeks.  We have deer everywhere, usually when I open the door at nite to take the dogs out, there's 6-8 in my yard looking at me.  They've destroyed two of my holly bushes and 1 small spruce.  Gonna have to run the deer off obviously, lol...or do a lot of landscaping this Spring.  I usually tell Hubby it's the circle of life and the animals have a right to eat too, but I really liked my hollies. 

We are having a new challenge at The Sampler - a card challenge.  Here's the inspirational photo for January:

Samplercardchallenge1


Cute - kraft and hearts, is there anything better!  And here is my card I made using January's Sampler Kit - Ready, Set, Go:

Ssrujanuary-e

Sweet and simple.  I really adore the My Mind's Eye patterned paper and wooden letters from Pink Paislee.  You could paint them, distress, them, anything you can think of.  I like the natural look myself, but the sky's the limit.  Visit The Sampler Kit Club to enter our card contest, a random winner will receive a goodie pack from The Sampler

I also wanted to share a card I made tonite using the darling new stamps from A Walk Down Memory Lane - Natural Landscape and Christian Sympathy.


I used Pop Tones Cardstock for this card.  It's really great cardstock that is so easy to stamp on - plus there is coordinating ink pads so everything flows together beautifully.  It's also available at AWDML.  I wanted my card to look "windy" and stamped my dandelionns to look like they were blowing away.  I added some Stickles for shine.  Visit Stamp School - AWDML's sister site to be inspired by the Design Team and get lots of crafty ideas! 

This is also "realease week" at Inspired By Staming.  Visit Thursday to see the first of 3 days of previews for the new stamps that will be available for purchase this weekend.

3 comments:

Beckie said...

Gorgeous stuff Amber. Love it.

Be Blessed, Beckie

Annette said...

Beautiful cards, I love the colors of the sympathy card. You are so lucky to have deer in your yard! We don't get them because our property is fenced in, plus I'm sure our dogs would run them off! Hope you have a great day!

SandeeNC said...

You know, with the weather being as warm as it has been you would think the deer would have plenty of food elsewhere other than chomping on your hollies!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio