Friday, October 17, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You

I found another blog challenge that looked so fun I had to try it. It is called 2 Sketches For You and there website is http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com . They have some really neat card sketches and all you have to do is follow the pattern to enter the challenge. So I started out with an idea and totally changed my mind. That's the great thing about crafting, no rules. I'm also loving stitching with my sewing machine on new projects, my lines aren't perfect but that's the beauty of scrapping -you don't have to be perfect. Here's my first card. No clue why I made a baby girl card, can't remember the last time a friend had a little girl, they're always boys. But when the event happens I will be ready with cute card in hand.


My next card can be used for Christmas or just winter. I used my Papertrey Ink stamps...they are great because you build your snowman. This card is much prettier in person and refused to take a good picture because of all the shiny paper I used. So I scanned it. The little puffs aren't as puffy when you squish it with a scanner, but you get the picture!

Lastly, I will leave you with a picture of the scary pumpkins Matt and I carved this evening. It was a nasty day in Kentucky, rainy...but we are very thankful for any rain we can get. So we had fun carving our pumpkins on the porch. I carved a crow and Matt carved a goofy face. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Mary said...

Cute pumpkins! I love your cards! We're gonna have to work a night together and "share the papertrey" Abyy was probably the last little girl and her almost 2 now!

Unknown said...

Hi Amber - welcome to 2S4Y. So glad you found us because both your cards are just darling - Yay! I love your pumpkins too..
Thanks for playing
:) Kazan

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous baby card for the sketch Amber and love your pleated ribbon
hugs
kath
xxxxx

ohradiogirl said...

Nice cards. Cute and colorful.

Unknown said...

lol...You really stay busy my child..your head always has these ideas hopping around. I really like the stitching and I didn't think I would. Who knows....maybe someone we know will get the "Baby Girl" card!!!!!

Tammie said...

Love the cards, especially the intricate detail on the 'baby girl.' You guys did a great job on the pumpkins, your crow is neat.

tiggertastic said...

fantastic cards, and i love your pumpkins.

Sarah x

Eveline said...

Love the pumkins. And the cards are great.
Eveline.

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio