Monday, October 13, 2008

Vacation's Over

Today wrapped up my vacation. I made several cards this evening. Guess I was getting in every last scrapping minute I could before going back to work. My first card was scraplifted from my "Cards, Gifts, and More" magazine. I usually don't like to copy someone's work, but I do think it's fun to learn new techniques that way and to get out of a scrapping slump. And I think no matter what you always personalize it in your own little way. I used my Cricut to make my ice cream cone for the card. My Cricut is by far the best scrapbooking tool I have. It does everything and I use it all the time.

My second card I love. I made the spider using my Cricut and sewed his web using my sewing machine. It had been so long since I used my sewing machine that I wasn't sure I remembered how. Must be like riding a bike, because it all came back after a few minutes. Hope you like them.

10 comments:

Mary said...

How cute! It's always nice to make something you see someone else make b/c it gets you creating and makes you start thinking!

Tammie said...

Love the cards...the ice cream made me hungry, the spider made me grab a shoe (Kidding :) Loved the visit. I am thinking about my tin as well. Hmmmm, we'll see.

Unknown said...

Vacation is never over...just start planning for the next days off!!! I love both the cards, couldn't pick a favorite. I enjoyed our visit also. Tam said your home is her favorite place to go. To me it's far and away!!!
Love u BerBer

Audrey Pettit said...

What cute cards! I just popped over from Cardalicious to check out what you had done for the challenge. I adore your spider and love the stitched web. And that ice cream cone is adorable, too.

Danielle Flanders said...

adorable! love the stitched web he's hanging from!

Alecia Wolfford said...

CUTE cards!!!

danni reid. said...

i really l♥ve your palette on this one, makes that spider really POP! so cuuuuuute!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card Amber! Thanks for playing with us this week!!

Ann said...

These are both so cute! Love your Halloween card--thanks for playing the challenge!

cornellgj said...

what a darling little spider! thanks for playing along! :)

Jill

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio