Thursday, April 15, 2010

Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #3

*Click for Sketch Girl 16 Post*

Time for challenge #3 at Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge Blog. This week we have a sketch for you, take a look:



This week's challenge is to make a Spring Themed card using this sketch. Here is my card:



I used the Sewing Machine-Vintage Stamp and I ADORE it. I love anything vintage so this stamp was perfect for me. I printed my stamp on the blue cardstock then printed one on white cardstock. I simply colored and cut out parts of the stamp and then put it on top of the blue cardstock + stamp. This is the easiest way I've found to have a stamp with background shades and still be able to color your stamp on white cardstock. I added a seam binding ribbon to add to the vintage look. And then I sprayed my card with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to make it look aged.

Visit the Digi Doodle Shop to see there amazing digi stamps. And visit the Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge Blog to see the DT's beautiful creations.

11 comments:

Harriet said...

Amber, your creation using the vintage sewing machine is absolutely gorgeous.... The way you put it together is fantastic idea....

Unknown said...

My goodness, where does all your creative talent come from? Definitely not me. Love these vintage stamps. Granny had an old Singer sewing machine like this and I use to play with it.The faster you pedaled...the faster you sewed. I could never sew a straight line.

Powerful Search Engine said...

AMber this is so beautiful I adore it. Hugs Pascale

Judy said...

Amber this is a wonderful card. The vintage stamps are some of my favorite, and you picked a good one, and I so love how you kept the vintage feel in the way you designed your card. Great job hun

Hugs

Karen Howard said...

Amber, this card is amazing! Love everything about it... the colors, great coloring on the image, the papers ribbon... did I mention that I LOVE it!!!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Ooh! I love what you did with that stamp! So very pretty! :)

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Amber...after I see your card...I really want to have this stamp...ooh sooo pretty..you did a wonderfull job with Digi Stamp from DDS...wow..I love your creation..hugs, Monika

Annette said...

I love your card Amber! I love your technique of stamping the image twice and the Glimmer Mist really gives it an aged look, it is just gorgeous! Hugs, Annette

KymKreates said...

your card is absolutely delightful. It brings back a memory of a sewing machine we had in my home until my mom moved into a nursing home a few years back. Your seam binding ribbon was the perfect touch!!!

Michelle B said...

Amber, this card is so cute! I love the vintage, and how you did the sketch...Very cute!

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Alyssa S said...

What a fun card! My mom has one of these old sewing machines in her living room - very cool!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio