Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Springy Creations

Hi all. Today is my last day of vacation and back to work tomorrow. The weather has been so beautiful in Kentucky the last few days and I have enjoyed every second of it. I have a few Springy projects to share with you. My first I created with goodies from Sharing Memories Scrapbooking. Noreen has the cutest Spring products and they all coordinate perfectly to make creating simple. Here is my card:



I used the Spring Cut-Outs from SMS and simply printed them on yellow cardstock. I wanted to use the wavy lines as faux ric rac and use that as my border. I then added the embossed Spring daisies and butterflies from SMS. For my daises I simply layered them and then curled my upper daisies petals slightly with a pen to make it look real.

Now for a Springy layout. I wanted to do a LO in honor of my new duck. She is so sweet and my boy duck (called a drake) loves her. It really was love at first site. So my duck started disappearing throughout the day and we were starting to worry, but guess what....she has made a little nest and it is full of pretty pastel green eggs. We should have ducklings soon! My drake stands guard, but keeps his distance so he doesn't attract unwanted attention to her. And on Easter Sunday he went and got her off the nest and they came to the barnyard for Easter dinner! It was the sweetest thing. The boy duck (drake) is white, see his curled tail...that's how you tell a boy duck from a girl. Plus the boys make a chirping sound and the girls go quack. Duck 101 : )Here is my LO:



So sweet:



Enjoy!!!

9 comments:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Pretty! :)

Harriet H said...

I love your card and scrap page.... both are so pretty and layout is great....

Harriet

LollyChops said...

I love your card Amber... but for some reason I cannot see your LO!!! I even tried in two different browsers!

quack.

Noreen Smith said...

So lovely and spring-y! The other spring card you made was posted with the DT reveal - http://www.sharingmemoriesscrapbooking.com/2010/04/dt-reveal-spring-cards/
Thanks Amber - love your work!

Crystal said...

Amber, I love your last three cards and scrap page...you have a wonderful way with color and pattern. Blessings !

Tammie said...

Lovely card and I love the LO!!! Where in the world did you get the little story book page about a duck?? So perfect!

Unknown said...

Such a sweet story and the thing is..it's a true story!!! The cards are so very springy and colorful. You are truly the best scrapper in the world....(can a Mom say that???)

Annette said...

Hi Amber! I love your card, the colors are so soft and springy! And your layout is awesome, I love the circle shape and all the embellishing. Congrats on the new duck, she looks so happy with her boyfriend and I can't wait to see photos of the babies! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Annette

Alyssa S said...

Such a pretty card! Your lo is adorable too - fun stories to go with it! Thanks for the duck info...now I can say that I learned a few things today!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio