Monday, April 12, 2010

Sweet Sunday

Today couldn't have been more beautiful. The sun was out, everything is in bloom, and I didn't have to work. The spells a "Sweet Sunday". This time of year reminds me of how good God is, we get to see his beautiful masterpiece reborn each Spring. It makes me very thankful for all the blessings He gives me.

I've made a few cards tonite to share with you. First up, I decided to take part in Embellish Magazine's latest challenge. The challenge is to use the colors red, black, kraft, and white then make something with a party theme. I made an invitation:



I used Prism Cardstock and Papertrey Ink supplies. These are also my high school's colors (minus the kraft) so I can't help but think of the good ole Belfry Pirates.

Next up is a VERY SIMPLE card. I used the colors cream and white to make a birthday card. I wanted to include a banner (Jenni Bowlin Stickers). Banners are every where at the moment and I can't wait to try this tutorial from my amazingly crafty friend Heidi Van Laar, it's a must see!



I made a Thank You card from leftover My Little Shoebox goodies. It's also simple, but you can never have enough "Thank You" cards:



And last, but not least....I've been attempting to learn to Crochet. I have got the single stitch down and wanted to try something a little more complicated. So take a look at the beginnings of the "Granny Square":



Enjoy!!!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

The cards are wonderful! Your granny square looks great. Good luck with your crocheting.

Annette said...

Your cards are awesome Amber, love all the embellishing, especially the thank you card! Oh, your afghan is turning out wonderful, I love the colors you picked too, Can't wait to see it all done! Hugs, Annette

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous cards, Amber!! Looks like you have been a very busy girl!!

Tammie said...

Love the cards, Ber....and so impressed that you are crocheting! I used to make scarves and such...only a straight stitch for me.

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Amber. When I think you can't make one prettier than the last..you prove me wrong. You are doing great with the "Granny Square".

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are wonderful!!!

Alyssa S said...

Such fun and fabulous cards! My MIL tried to teach me how to crochet last summer...I decided I didn't need another hobby! LOL Yours is beautiful though!

Angela Mclean said...

Cool cards... Love the crochet also!!!
Hugs,
Angela xxx.

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio