Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You

I'm early this week! Usually I wait to the eleventh hour to submit my card! This weeks "Smile" was fun. I had been seeing these cute flowers that Melissa Phillips and Dawn McVey were making on their blogs and had to try it. I used my Cricut "Walk in my Garden" cartridge, some K & Co. heritage paper, and Tim Holtz distress ink. My button is an antique that I got at a little antique shop when I was in Tennessee. The rest of my card is Melissa Frances paper, Martha Stewart ink and punch, and Deja Views rub on. I clipped the flower between petals and slightly curled them.
Still chilly in Kentucky and may snow next week for Thanksgiving! That would really put me in the holiday spirit.
Hope you enjoy the card.

17 comments:

Mary said...

Great card! It's amazing how we can all look at the same sketch and come away with something comepletely different from the other persons work!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors and the techniques.

Annette said...

Love the flower and the button, so cute! Oh - you have been tagged, (this is new to me!) please visit my blog for info!

Laura Davis said...

This is beautiful Amber! I have a soft spot for simplicity:)
Laura

Unknown said...

So, so pretty! I , too, love the simplicity of it!

**Nancy** said...

Gorgeous!!!

Frida said...

Realy gorgeous !

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Beautiful card!!

X

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card Amber... your flower is adorable too!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is so sweet! The flower looks wonderful on it!

Martha said...

Beautiful card!!!
Martha

Mrs J said...

Beautiful card, love the soft, subtle colours.

Mrs Jx

Tammie said...

I Love this card! I have been wanting to "fine tune" my flowers. You have inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Your card is `beautiful`..tFS:)~X~

Kristen Swain said...

I've got extra snow here in Maryland for you- wanna come take it all away? LOL! beautiful card! I love your flower!
kris

Amy C said...

Beautiful card!! I really like your take on the sketch.

Katie said...

Amber, I love your card!! So pretty!!

Katie

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio