Sunday, November 9, 2008

Relaxing Day

I have had such a wonderful day today. Saturday's can be so calm. My family visited today, my Mom, Aunt T, and Papaw. I just love when Papaw comes to my house, he's as funny as a monkey and you never know what he might do or say. I guess that's the good thing about being old, you can say whatever you want and don't get in trouble for it! Must be nice!
My card tonite is one I really enjoyed making. It's colors that I don't use very often so I like it. Sometimes it's great to "think outside the box" and force yourself to make cards that aren't your style. How else will you learn who you are as a crafter? Goodness, that sounded like a saying in a fortune cookie! Must be time for me to get some sleep! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

So glad you had such a nice and relaxing day with a visit from your family. Wish mine lived close enough to be able to pop in and see me.
Your card is adorable. I like the color combo. And I agree that it's great to try new things sometimes. You never know until you try, right?

Unknown said...

In the world of scrapping one can go anywhere outside the box and it doesn't matter. Pretty card. Did you make this one with T ? I like the colors.

Annette said...

I love this card Amber, great layout and great colors! Sounds like you had a great day with your family, I wish mine lived closer also, I have half here in NC and the other half in WA state.

Tammie said...

Love the card Ber....loved the special time even more :)

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio