Thursday, September 30, 2010

DDSB Challenge - 3D

Hi all.  Time for a new challenge at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best.  This week ends my DT term with them.  Doesn't seem like I've been on the team 6 months already, time flies when you're crafting!  I have just loved getting to know Judy and her Mom (artists and owners of the Digi Doodle Shop) and all my DT friends!  Plus I have had the chance to practice and improve my coloring.  That was one of my weakest points and I think each week I improve a little.  It's fun to challenge yourself and take a weakness and work on it! 

This week we are challenging you to make a 3D card.  Since this is my last DDSB card I had to use my favorite stamp from the Digi Doodle Shop - Strawberries:


I just love this stamp.  It reminds me of all the reasons Summer is my favorite time of the year. 

To make my card 3D I made 2 copies of the stamp and colored them.  Then I cut out the strawberries and flowers and layered them on top of my other stamp with foam tape to make them 3D. 



I added Papertrey Ink Cardstock and My Mind's Eye Patterened Papers.  My ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  And I used Copics and my Sakura Glitter Pen to color the image.  I painted around my digi with crackle paint. 


Visit the Digi Doodle Shop to check out the sales and see their adorable stamps.  And visit the Digi Doodle Shop's Best to see the DT's darling creations!

11 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Amber,

Absolutely darling card hun. You really have made this jump off the paper! If coloring is your weakest point, then you have NO worrie my dear. Thank you so much for being such a delight to have our our DT at Digi Doodle Shop's Best. You have been a complete joy, and I hope to see you around often!

Hugs
Judy

Karen said...

REally lovely Amber, love this image too. It's been lovely working with you over on Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous card, Amber! Those strawberries look so yummy!

Unknown said...

Are you no longer on this design team? Love that card.

Karen Howard said...

Hi Amber, I always love your cards and your coloring is fantastic. I too am working on my coloring but have learned that to each their own! I've had a blast working with you on the design team and wish you the best in everything you do! Hugs, Karen

Kathlene said...

Your cards are always so beautiful and this one is just amazing. Love the colors and that beautiful ribbon. TFS.

Kathlene said...

Your cards are always so beautiful and this one is just amazing. Love the colors and that beautiful ribbon. TFS.

merniebug said...

Amber, this is a true work of art. What a BEAUTY. I love this gorgeous card and the 3-D element makes it that much prettier.

Katja said...

Hi Amber,

This card is so very very pretty. Love the stamp of strawberry's!!!

Greetings,
Katja

Powerful Search Engine said...

Wow I love love the crackle paint effect. A stunning card as ever Amber.Thanks for all the inspiration and for being a super teamie hugs Pascale!

Jóna said...

Hi Amber !
This images you use is so lovely as are your card, love the red and inviting berries :o)
I'm sad to say good bye but hope that is just for the DT and will see you often in the challengers :o)
Wish you all the best, Jóna

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio