Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Easter???

Woot woot!  I finally scrapped an Easter page!  I'm only a few years behind, but I'll eventually get caught up.  I've got my box of 600 pictures sitting at my craft station...going thru them one photo at a time! 

Here's my LO:


Love this patterned paper from Little Yellow Bicycle.  It was originally all yellow and white..with the flowers and leaves embossed on the paper.  So I took my Copics and Stickles and added a little color.  It totally changed the look of the paper, love it!  This is a picture of me and Hubs on Easter Sunday.  I'm was going thru a short hair phase, if you notice every picture I post my hair is a different length.  The other goodies I used on this LO are from Noel Mignon's September Kit "Sweet Sue".  Very adorable!

Had a crisis on the farm this week, one of my favorite chickens, Squabb, was very sick Saturday:


She has a very "hearty" appetite and when she didn't meet me in the barnyard for her snack of dry cat food I knew something was wrong.  I found her lying by herself...she couldn't walk and acted very weak.  I just knew she wouldn't make it.  I treated her with medicines and made her drink.  She was still lifeless that nite and wouldn't even go up on her roost or eat cheese (chickens love cheese).  I was certain we'd find a dead Squabb the next morning...

But guess what....


The next morning Squabb was on her little chicken feet and outside.  By today she was completely better.  Have no clue what was wrong with her or what part of her treatment might have helped.  I did learn one thing, you can even search "abnormal chicken poop" and find results on the internet!  Not pleasant, but amazing! 

3 comments:

holly* said...

what would we do with out the internet? and also, chickens are stranger than i thought...

but really! thats one of my favorite pp's ever! i love the color you added to it. i have a couple sheets i'm hording. i'm going to have to keep the coloring idea in mind!

Unknown said...

You crack me up!!!!! I did not know that a chicken likes cat food. I did not know that a chicken likes CHEESE!!! I did not know that a nurse could doctor a chicken and give it the will to stand up. Squabb must know how much you love her.I love your LO. It's never too late to post a memory. I'm sure you will love those 600 pictures.

Tammie said...

LOL...okay, I didn't know that chickens could/would eat cat food or cheese! I didn't know that we could actually "doctor" them when they're sick and I love your LO! LOL...you keep me amazed!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio