Saturday, January 3, 2009

2 Sketch Bonus

Happy Saturday! It has been a beautiful sunny day here in Kentucky! It's still cool out, but I have a bad case of Spring fever, so I braved the chill and spent the day outside.
I loved this week's 2 Sketch bonus layout and had an idea as soon as I looked at it! That doesn't happen much, so I knew I had to make a card! The very talented Katie from Raspberry Kate was this week's designer, and she did a great job. So here's my take on the sketch:


I used My Mind's Eye paper, K & Co. embellishments, Michael's ribbon, and the Cricub Storybook cartridge.

I can't believe the difference it makes in the look of my card when I take my pictures outside. I strongly encourage you to try this if you have any problems taking pictures of your projects.
OK, now to share some outside pictures with you. The first is Logan, my little nephew and our little kitten. She is so happy at the barn, exploring and spending time with the other animals. She is constantly running and playing, I'm so happy she's healthy and happy.

Here's a picture of 1 of my 8 roosters. He is so tiny and beautifully colored. He is a big pet and will eat out of my hand. He's less than a year old and was born last Summer.

And lastly, here's Freddy! He's our little miniature donkey.

He has to be right next to us when we're in the barnyard. So he had ran and got a bite of hay and came to see what we were doing. He is so sweet and gentle and is bestfriends with my miniature horse Smoky. They are BFF's!
Thta's all of my interesting pictures for today! Enjoy my card:)

10 comments:

Mary said...

Great pics! I love the card, too! I think storybook is becoming one of my favorite cartridges for my cricut!

Laura Davis said...

Oh my goodness Amber! I adore all animals, I think I would be in 7th heaven on your farm, chickens, donkey's (my favorite) and kittens! Cute, cute, cute!!

Oh yes I love your card too! The colors are bright & fun:) Thanks for playing
Laura

Unknown said...

Love the card with the layering and the colors are so pretty. Makes a world of difference with the lighting!!! I can tell that the kitty is growing. She will have a ball in the barn. Freddie has always been a brat even Smoky can't change that. That little rooster has really good coloring, does he have a name yet?

Katie said...

Oh Amber, you did an amazing job!! I adore your card :) Thanks for playing along with my sketch and for your sweet words!!

Hugs!
Katie

Unknown said...

What a beautiful job, Amber!!!

Your farm looks like heaven on earth. :)

Tamaroo said...

Love your card! So cute! I've been seeing all kinds of cute things with storybook! Might have to get one!

Tammie said...

Love the card Ber...the outside shot is great...but you will soon have that great lighting inside ;) as well.
I need to visit the barnyard...everyone is growing fast and needs a visit from their Aunt T.

Amy C said...

This is such a pretty card and you did a great job with the bonus sketch.

Unknown said...

I'm loving all your pics, they remind me of growing up on what I refer to as a mini farm...we had goats, chickens, rabbits, a pony and dogs and cats!!
Oh and I love your card! It's really beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ok, that card is fabulous!! LOVE it!
And I so enjoy seeing all your farm babies!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio